• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

16APR2023 OCS Class

RhodesReese

Be sure you guys are doing HITT style workouts. And dont take the PRT lightly. Ive saw many priors who take a PRT once a year fail their initial IST due to improper form.

You can get rolled an extra 3 weeks for failure to perform or improper form while at OCS.

Broseph_25

Hey there, just cruising around these threads and wanting to offer up some experience. I started OCS with class 07-22 and graduated with 08-22. Use this gouge as you like.

RhodesReese is right, do NOT sleep on the physical training. Actual sleep is frequently hard to come by and being ready for PT at 0500 or earlier can drag you down. The IST gets a hand full of people. The RDCs and DIs will be all over you and on you about proper form. Thankfully y'all have a few weeks before you arrive so there's plenty of time to get prepared. But start NOW, if you haven't already.

I rolled from class 07 because of a Covid outbreak that happened at OTCN. (Drill comp is a rollable event if you miss it, just heads up). I did my time in Holding company (H company) and before I knew it was back on the grind. Obviously, no one plans/wants to roll. However, do not beat yourself up for it. I saw plenty of PT studs get rolled for First Friday while muffin tummy passed. H-company was somewhat of a blessing because you can use the time to better prepare yourself and become one of the leaders people look up to in the class you roll into.

In some cases people rolled multiple times at different stages (Indoc/JOC/SOC/ even CANDIO), for various reasons (Failed test/Mid PFA/etc.) Best way to avoid that is time management and don't be one of those dude/dudettes who gets lazy at the end of the day. You'll have 'free time' at the end of the day but use that time to best prepare yourself for the next upcoming event (closest alligators to the boat). Treat all events/classes with the same viror and don't think any one class can be brushed aside as nonessential. People did roll because of this. That being said, rolling multiple times is avoidable however not unheard of and would cause a lot of those people to DOR.

About DOR- people have dropped from all different stages (even CANDIO) for one reason or another. Most of the time it's those who think it's 'too hard' or they get discouraged thinking how long of a suck factor OCS is. 90% of DORs occur during the first couple of weeks during Indoc Phase, so here are some words of encouragement to help get through that period because believe me, Indoc was a challenge.

Besides the cliqued 'remember why you're here,' know that Indoc Phase is three weeks of your life. Even if you roll, the actual ass beating that is Indoc Phase is three weeks total. That's not to say that you're home free after Indoc, but the culture shock and the adaptation and realization how fast OCS goes by hits after Indoc is over. Before you know it you're a CANDIO running the show and getting to feel a little more human.

In Indoc you'll have RLP on your mind the whole time. Completely normal, just remember you have three weeks (more if you start now) to prepare for 10 minutes. If you do roll for RLP, don't be discouraged, SpecWar candidates have rolled for RLP.

I offer this up because of the number of people who quit after something happened like rolling or just being too intimidated would watch in sadness as by the time they are processed out and can officially go home, their class is selecting CANDIO jobs, and those who quit all say they wish they stuck with it. Trying to get back in after quitting is damn near impossible.

Ultimately you all will become best friends with complete strangers in a matter of days and have friendships that can last over your entire career. As an SNA currently in Pcola the friends I have from OCS are my ride or die out here (and those in other communities), all who made the suck of OCS worth it.

For the record I thought about DORing at three different times during OCS, and One Hundred Million percent glad I didn't.

If y'all have any questions please feel free to reach out to me. I'm here to pay it forward.

Good Luck!

Last edited: