• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

15 year old, Wanting to become a US Navy pilot.

phrogpilot73

Phrog,

cut me some slack, I was posting at 0600!! It's especially embarassing since I'm a -60F/H bubba.....but we all make mistakes.

I DID direct him to the correct source.
I was actually genuinely asking about the HH-60H, 'cause I don't really know all the ins-and-outs about the 60's in the Navy. The MH-53E correction was busting your balls... ;)

But you do.....and it's a cool mission to some

AIR_VH-60N_and_VH-3D_lg.jpg
"To some"... The truth is you can only ever break even with a VIP hop, and that's almost all you do at "The X." Thanks but no thanks. When I was still on AD, our MO was an HMX guy, and kept trying to recruit me. Until I told him about my belief that I wouldn't qualify for a Yankee White (and he agreed that I wouldn't), then the recruiting stopped.

Ducky

Formerly SNA2007
pilot
Contributor
There has been tons of great gouge, but I can't emphasize varsity sports enough. I did MCJROTC and everything that came with it drill team, color guard etc. When the time for a Navy scholarship came I didn't get one. Varsity sports help alot. I earned a ROTC scholarship once at Tulane due to my grades and my technical major. Tech majors will make getting a scholarship on the Navy side much easier. My brother is in the same position I was and he also focused solely on JROTC.

Also, JROTC does brainwash you. I felt like I had to go Marine Corps for the longest time, then the lightbulb went on, and I decided I had to FLY Navy!

Your motivation, drive, and determination for someone your age is extremely impressive. Keep it up, never lose sight of your dreams, and you will go far.

NavyAsh

Look at the different routes to becoming an officer:

NROTC
Naval Academy
OCS--BDCP, others

If you are planning to go to college, I would definitely look in to some of the Navy's Officer programs, like the BDCP. That way you can receive money for your tuition without any commitments until you graduate.

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
"To some"... The truth is you can only ever break even with a VIP hop, and that's almost all you do at "The X." Thanks but no thanks. When I was still on AD, our MO was an HMX guy, and kept trying to recruit me. Until I told him about my belief that I wouldn't qualify for a Yankee White (and he agreed that I wouldn't), then the recruiting stopped.

Why no Yankee White? Brain damage?

Raptor2216

There has been tons of great gouge, but I can't emphasize varsity sports enough. I did MCJROTC and everything that came with it drill team, color guard etc. When the time for a Navy scholarship came I didn't get one. Varsity sports help alot. I earned a ROTC scholarship once at Tulane due to my grades and my technical major. Tech majors will make getting a scholarship on the Navy side much easier. My brother is in the same position I was and he also focused solely on JROTC.

Also, JROTC does brainwash you. I felt like I had to go Marine Corps for the longest time, then the lightbulb went on, and I decided I had to FLY Navy!

Your motivation, drive, and determination for someone your age is extremely impressive. Keep it up, never lose sight of your dreams, and you will go far.

Have fun with the E2/C2 draft....i'm willing to bet you'll be running around shitting a brick when the time comes and you'll wonder why you didn't join the right team, the green team! :D

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
AH-6 and the UH-60 are army birds, so maintain the appreciation just don't expect to fly them on the Navy's dollar.

Not so fast, you can fly both on the "Navy's dollar" at USNTPS. They are bailed from Army, which sends pilots through TPS and has even commanded USNTPS in recent past.

800px-USNTPS-TH-6B.jpg

main_gallery.jpg

exhelodrvr

pilot
Math and science, and extra-curricular activities, incl. sports. Leadership positions, if possible. You can get info from ROTC/the Academies on the breakdown of each year - how many played varsity sports, the percentages that fell into various GPA and SAT/ACT ranges, etc.

Batman97862

Banned
You all missed the most important thing.....you must know every line from Top Gun. Seriously, you need to wear out at least 2 DVDs before you graduate from HS.