• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

15 year old, Wanting to become a US Navy pilot.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Look at the different routes to becoming an officer:

NROTC
Naval Academy
OCS--BDCP, others

Vasconcelos

I could never had asked for more help and advice then this, Thank you all soo much. Yes, Navy isn't my only priority, I'm thinking either Airforce, Or the Marine corps. I'm doing my best to relax and enjoy my youth, And NJROTC is not only helping me out on military stuff, But i'm having fun in it, I'm actually getting involved, Drill team with arms, I plan on joining the PT team (Physical Training) also trying to join the Blue angels NJROTC soccer team (They seem to need a little boost). And later on in the year I'm probably going to join the soccer team, Maybe try out for varsity too. Trouble is not a word that fits in with the name "Vasconcelos", Well somewhat, But i'm more of the 'Peace keeper'. I'm also curious to know what helicopters the Navy is currently officially using, I've been really into an AH-6, The UH-60 (Black hawk), and last but not least, one of my favorite helicopters of all times, The UH-1 Huey.

Thank you all soo much for helping me.

RyanF

unimportant
Ah Milpitas high, I ran at a track meet there once. You all have a really nice track for a public high school, not to mention the astro turf field. Goodluck and keep them grades up.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
I could never had asked for more help and advice then this, Thank you all soo much. Yes, Navy isn't my only priority, I'm thinking either Airforce, Or the Marine corps. I'm doing my best to relax and enjoy my youth, And NJROTC is not only helping me out on military stuff, But i'm having fun in it, I'm actually getting involved, Drill team with arms, I plan on joining the PT team (Physical Training) also trying to join the Blue angels NJROTC soccer team (They seem to need a little boost). And later on in the year I'm probably going to join the soccer team, Maybe try out for varsity too. Trouble is not a word that fits in with the name "Vasconcelos", Well somewhat, But i'm more of the 'Peace keeper'. I'm also curious to know what helicopters the Navy is currently officially using, I've been really into an AH-6, The UH-60 (Black hawk), and last but not least, one of my favorite helicopters of all times, The UH-1 Huey.

Thank you all soo much for helping me.

There is good info to be found at www.navy.mil look under their "fact file" to see what we fly.

Short summary:

we fly 5 versions of the -60
-SH-60B
-SH-60F
-HH-60H
-MH-60S
-MH-60R

we also fly the MH-53E

phrogpilot73

There is good info to be found at www.navy.mil look under their "fact file" to see what we fly.

Short summary:

we fly 5 versions of the -60
-SH-60B
-SH-60F
-SH-60H
-MH-60S
-MH-60R

we also fly the MH-53D
Isn't it the HH-60H not the SH-60H? And it's an MH-53E, not D. BIG difference, a D model has two engines, E has three. D model has 6 blades, E has 7.

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
...I've been really into an AH-6, The UH-60 (Black hawk), and last but not least, one of my favorite helicopters of all times, The UH-1 Huey.

AH-6 and the UH-60 are army birds, so maintain the appreciation just don't expect to fly them on the Navy's dollar. However, the UH-1N/Y is indeed a saltwater bird and a kick-ass one at that. Right now there are friends of mine that are selecting directly into the new UH-1Y right out of advanced. Just remember, the Marine Corps has cooler helos than the Navy - frag out!!

-My Kevlar is on and I'm waiting on the mortars-

phrogpilot73

Just remember, the Marine Corps has cooler helos than the Navy - frag out!!
Let's see, UH-1N, UH-Y, AH-1W, AH-1Z, CH-53E, CH-53D, CH-46E versus 60, 60, 60 and more 60... I think you're right!

Actually, I'd give my left nut to have a variant of the 60 in the Corps. However, our missions are CLEARLY cooler!

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
Good advice all.

I would add to the list; READ. Read every book on the Navy you can get your hands on, or any other area that interests you. Read Zane Grey, in addition to the classics. You should read, no only for content but for the power or words. It will expand your vocabulary, improve spelling and improve your skills in the analysis of writing styles. Plus reading is fun, but becoming a lost art. Sad.:(:(:(

Good luck!

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Phrog,

cut me some slack, I was posting at 0600!! It's especially embarassing since I'm a -60F/H bubba.....but we all make mistakes.

I DID direct him to the correct source.

SanDog Native

What percent of SWOs get boats?
Aside from keep your grades up now and when you're in college, stay out of trouble and don't do anything that 5 years from now you'll be having to explain on a SF86 form or your OCS application

Don't get fired from any jobs, mess up your credit, or get a bunch of speeding tickets that you will have to try to "explain" as youthful indiscretion.

Also, don't think that enlistment is the only path to a commission. Examine all paths to commission and figure out which is best for you.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
... I plan on joining the PT team (Physical Training) also trying to join the Blue angels NJROTC soccer team (They seem to need a little boost). And later on in the year I'm probably going to join the soccer team, Maybe try out for varsity too.

Something to keep in mind is that the commissioning sources are looking for varsity sports. It's not a deal breaker, but if you're playing sports (which they look for), they interested in V, not JV. Doesn't mean you don't have to start in JV and work up, but varsity should be your goal.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Actually, I'd give my left nut to have a variant of the 60 in the Corps. However, our missions are CLEARLY cooler!

But you do.....and it's a cool mission to some

AIR_VH-60N_and_VH-3D_lg.jpg

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
get good math scores on the SAT, apply for the NROTC scholarship, don't be a turd, and graduate (from college)