• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

15 May 2024 SWO Board

Swo0918

While you wait check with your recruiter to see what else you might need to do. Since the OCS dates for this board are a month away you can go ahead and schedule your PRT with your recruiter to get that out of the way to be cleared to leave asap

Hoping to see some results come out soon. This is my first board and hoping all goes well. I had to put some waivers in for age and TIS, we will see what’s come of it. My stats are below:
52 OAR
3.67 GPA in Aeronautics
Active Duty Air Force with 11 years
31 years old
5 letters of Recommendation. One from current commander, one from current U2 pilot, 2 from Air Force E-9s and one from current flight chief.

Best of luck to everyone!

exNavyOffRec

From what I understand, this SWO board is scraping the bottom of the barrel. Essentially offering board consideration for any recent PROREC-N from other boards a chance to apply for SWO, as well as previous SWO applicants? Recruiter said he was phone called to specifically ask his recent prorec-n's.
The SWO's did this to themselves by rejecting many good people just a few boards ago, and given who they rejected I don't know if I would say bottom of the barrel as quite a few would have met the immediate selection requirements. There are ones that didn't meet ISD but still had decent applications so I see this as an opportunity for those who normally wouldn't get selected to have a chance to shine as a SWO.

no_more_nuke_life

The SWO's did this to themselves by rejecting many good people just a few boards ago, and given who they rejected I don't know if I would say bottom of the barrel as quite a few would have met the immediate selection requirements. There are ones that didn't meet ISD but still had decent applications so I see this as an opportunity for those who normally wouldn't get selected to have a chance to shine as a SWO.
I didn't even put in for SWO, previously. Which is why in my head, this situation seems relatively desperate

exNavyOffRec

I didn't even put in for SWO, previously. Which is why in my head, this situation seems relatively desperate
Yes they are trying to fill spots they should have filled earlier so they are scrambling, I can tell you that of all the people I submitted for SWO only two people I submitted I had reservations about being able to do the job and both dropped prior to being a SWO, each person I submitted could have easily been picked up, but not all were.

gabe9876

My recruiter just told me he expects results out by Tuesday, tomorrow if they move quickly and that selectees can expect to be booked for June 16th