• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

15 May 2017 SWO Board

moveslikemorgan

Standing By
Well makes sense. Looks like it's September now. Do they send anyone in late November or December?

They do. There are threads under the OCS Class Dates forum for each specific class through the end of the year (and beginning of next year), RUFIO created them pretty recently..

James Stewart

I know this may be a bit of an aside, but if you're feeling the purgatory itch it may help. The American Legion near where I live hosts weekly meetings at various venues. You can go and talk to a bunch of veterans about military life and your frustrations about the whole hurrying up and waiting process. The legion near me is quite Navy heavy and a few of the Vets are retired LCDR's, who can vary between many different ages as it's the military. Anyway, they're good people to talk to and get information from as they've actually been through the process. I find it reassuring and helpful. Anyway, just a suggestion/thought, so check out if your local American Legion hosts events like what I described! Also, there's usually a lot of beer.

BravoAMF

This officer candidate received a call a few days ago from the NRD telling this officer candidate they had SWO slots open in October, November, and December. This officer candidate is from the March SWO board, so this officer candidate can confirm Rufio's November-ish date.

Hman4

I just got word from my LCDR that I am slated for the 29OCT OCS class.

My FINSEL and final orders have not been finalized yet because details for the new fiscal year are still being sorted out.

However, I am on the books for the 29Oct class. Hoping for my FINSEL soon to make it official but hearing a date is a huge help!

kshimmy1

I just got word from my LCDR that I am slated for the 29OCT OCS class.

My FINSEL and final orders have not been finalized yet because details for the new fiscal year are still being sorted out.

However, I am on the books for the 29Oct class. Hoping for my FINSEL soon to make it official but hearing a date is a huge help!
I'll see you there!

moveslikemorgan

Standing By
I haven't talked to my recruiter in about a month, sent him an email with a few general SWO questions, and immediately got an automated response informing me he will be OOO for 10 days. Lol. The waiting continues.

BravoAMF

Still no update about my FINSEL. Anyone else? Looks like an October-Decemberish class date may be on the card for us SWOs? How is everyone's PT coming?

I received a call from the NRD asking my preference for an OCS date and I told them Oct., but still no FINSEL. I may be on the tail end for running, but I'm still pushing. Appendix B is my bread and butter whenever I'm driving

James Stewart

I received a call from the NRD asking my preference for an OCS date and I told them Oct., but still no FINSEL. I may be on the tail end for running, but I'm still pushing. Appendix B is my bread and butter whenever I'm driving
Ah, ok, fair enough. Here's hoping you get an October date. I'm solid on the running and crunches, but push-ups shall forever be the bane of my PT. I've been studying Spanish more than Appendix B lately...should probably get on that haha! I kind of wish we did pull-ups. For some reason I can score a perfect on marine PT pull-ups, but I struggle HARD with getting over 55ish push-ups.