• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

15 May 2017 SWO Board

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I did he said there was but that it doesn't matter. A little confused.

Okay. Ask for details. It's your application and potentially your career/life next several years.

If I was buying a house (a major life event/choice), asked questions and got told "hey don't worry it doesn't matter" I would still want to know details, even if it didn't end up being a great deal.

Going back on topic, ask. Learn to use and even take advantage of your resources before throwing your hands up and asking for help.

JohnF2020

Okay. Ask for details. It's your application and potentially your career/life next several years.

If I was buying a house (a major life event/choice), asked questions and got told "hey don't worry it doesn't matter" I would still want to know details, even if it didn't end up being a great deal.

Going back on topic, ask. Learn to use and even take advantage of your resources before throwing your hands up and asking for help.

I went and pressed my recruiter. He said the difference is that acceptance is outright being accepted with your package. Pro Rec means there was another step involved like medical for example that had to be looked over again but you were still accepted. Ultimately everyone is "Pro Rec'd" if accepted and that is the term the US Navy uses. It doesn't have any affect on your career. I correlated this with an O-1 friend of mine as well. Thanks for the advice.

PBCA

OAR - 50 GPA - 3.17 (UC Davis)
On a positive note with the slower than usual process of getting FINSELs/Orders I'll be able to probably finish this season of Game of Thrones ;)
That's literally what is helping me get through this purgatory stage the most!

exNavyOffRec

I went and pressed my recruiter. He said the difference is that acceptance is outright being accepted with your package. Pro Rec means there was another step involved like medical for example that had to be looked over again but you were still accepted. Ultimately everyone is "Pro Rec'd" if accepted and that is the term the US Navy uses. It doesn't have any affect on your career. I correlated this with an O-1 friend of mine as well. Thanks for the advice.

your recruiter is not instilling confidence with his answers.

after seeing what he told you I don't know if I would ask your recruiter any questions, maybe try Google from now on.

board reviews applications and gives everyone a pro rec Y or N
everyone that rec'd a pro rec Y then waits for a FINSEL with OCS date
a FINSEL is issued when appropriate investigation is done and they have a spot for OCS
medical is done prior to board so that really shouldn't come into play.

NavalAzzam

I was just told I was accepted. All this talk ^ made me uneasy. I just asked my recruiter to show me my name on the Pro Rec Y list and there it was with everyone elses for this board. Ask yours to do the same! Maybe it will help.