• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

15 Aug 18 Pilot/NFO board

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I got a serious question for you. My recruiter didn’t say too much. I haven’t received a finsel yet, but I was informed today if I can leave for the Sept.23 class. I’ll go if it works out, but is it possible to go without having a finsel on hand. Long story short, they need a couple more applicants for the sept.23 class, and they are asking if he had any applicants who are okay to leave this weekend. I just wanna know how possible it may be. Thanks

Crazy, albeit it’s possible. Your OR wouldn’t be telling/asking you to ship unless it came from higher authority.

NHJK

Haven't checked AW in ages, but figured I'd check back in here. I was notified about a month ago now that I am PRO-Y for SNA! OR said I might not receive a FINSEL until mid-October/November because my availability date isn't until mid January as I'm out at sea on a 5 month contract with Maersk Lines currently. Good luck to everyone heading to Newport over the next few months!

nvandvore

For future lurkers or anyone curious about an update, got my finsel after a ridiculous wait time with N33. OCS Jan 20. Good luck everyone

samueld

My package is up before the August 13 FY-19 Board right now.

Was just wondering for those who were selected and have already attended OCS - how long did you have between OCS graduation and your first day of flight school?

NHJK

My package is up before the August 13 FY-19 Board right now.

Was just wondering for those who were selected and have already attended OCS - how long did you have between OCS graduation and your first day of flight school?

Lol...after OCS you'll have almost three months of OHARP, then you'll report to Pensacola where you'll do PT a few days every week, take one or two generic junior Officer courses that have nothing to do with aviation, and sit on the beach. Current wait for IFS is in the ballpark of 4-6 months for SNA's and 1-2 months for NFOs. NFOs have also only been getting a month or so of OHARP lately.