• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 13 Jun 2016 IWC Board

detlnsmm

Hello all... Checked BOL this morning and got the news I was looking for. Pro-rec'd "Y" for intel :)

I am incredibly humbled by the selection, I know there are so many great candidates that apply every cycle. As somebody who was passed over in previous boards and now fortunately picked up, I am more than happy to answer any questions and assist anyone who wasn't selected this time. I by no means had a perfect package, it just goes to show you that strengths can overcome perceived deficiencies. Persistence is everything!!

Wishing everyone the best of luck moving forward!

LukeS

Hello all... Checked BOL this morning and got the news I was looking for. Pro-rec'd "Y" for intel :)

I am incredibly humbled by the selection, I know there are so many great candidates that apply every cycle. As somebody who was passed over in previous boards and now fortunately picked up, I am more than happy to answer any questions and assist anyone who wasn't selected this time. I by no means had a perfect package, it just goes to show you that strengths can overcome perceived deficiencies. Persistence is everything!!

Congrats! What are your stats if you don't mind me asking.

Just heard back. Wasn't recommended this time around for SWO-Intel, but they decided to have my application looked at again by the next board.

Last edited:

LAI13

Mike, I remember reading your stats and thinking "yeah, this guy is in." Congrats! I'm sure you will do an expectional job leading sailors.

ant92083

I just got a call from my recruiter and I was professionally recommended for CWE. It has been laborious but rewarding process. My recruiter is a stand up gentleman and has helped me with every question and task set before me for the application process. I'm super excited and eagerly awaiting my chance to serve my country, today is a great day!

exNavyOffRec

Just heard back. Wasn't recommended this time around for SWO-Intel, but they decided to have my application looked at again by the next board.

That isn't how it works, it sounds as if your application didn't make the board and your recruiter is trying to tell you in a round about way.

Edit: and pretty sure RUFIO said there was no more SWO-Intel Option, I think they only used it once several years ago.

exNavyOffRec

I just got a call from my recruiter and I was professionally recommended for CWE. It has been laborious but rewarding process. My recruiter is a stand up gentleman and has helped me with every question and task set before me for the application process. I'm super excited and eagerly awaiting my chance to serve my country, today is a great day!

with all the requirements for degree and such they have that is one of the hardest designators to get into, congratulations!

Intel101

Ready too see my dream come a reality
That isn't how it works, it sounds as if your application didn't make the board and your recruiter is trying to tell you in a round about way.

Edit: and pretty sure RUFIO said there was no more SWO-Intel Option, I think they only used it once several years ago.
You are correct. I emailed Mr. Celestin couple weeks ago and there is no such option anymore.