• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

12 JUN 17 IWC Board

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
You should look into Sailorbob. It's THE forum dedicated to swo matters. I've seen plenty of CDRs and captains along with numerous JOs.

That page can be hit or miss.

My recommendation is have your OR hit up the local NROTC unit and get you a POC for a junior or senior SWO to talk to. Being that you're in AZ there's the ASU and UA NROTC units around.

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
You should look into Sailorbob. It's THE forum dedicated to swo matters. I've seen plenty of CDRs and captains along with numerous JOs.
As an avid Bobber, I will say that it is both a great and terrible resource. Great because 90% of the people are SWOs who are (for the most part) passionate about what they do. Terrible because, especially lately, it has gotten rather top heavy. There are a lot of O4+ on the board that don't necessarily have the latest gouge on the OCS process. I see a lot of "well, this is how it was for me..." and a lot less "this is what it is now". Still a good resource but it wouldn't hurt to find a SWO mentor, preferably someone recently through the OCS process who has reasonably up to date data.

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
Thank you guys, I will check that website out as a resource and keep in mind it can be iffy.

That page can be hit or miss.

My recommendation is have your OR hit up the local NROTC unit and get you a POC for a junior or senior SWO to talk to. Being that you're in AZ there's the ASU and UA NROTC units around.

What is POC? And I am in Northern Arizona; ASU and UA are at minimum 2.5 hours away. I live near Embry-Riddle (which of course will primarily be flyboys) and that is all. NAU is also 2 ish hours North. I have to drive back down to Phoenix to retake my OAR, I may be able to arrange something then. I'll discuss with my OR.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Thank you guys, I will check that website out as a resource and keep in mind it can be iffy.

What is POC? And I am in Northern Arizona; ASU and UA are at minimum 2.5 hours away. I live near Embry-Riddle (which of course will primarily be flyboys) and that is all. NAU is also 2 ish hours North. I have to drive back down to Phoenix to retake my OAR, I may be able to arrange something then. I'll discuss with my OR.

Point of contact. And that sounds like a plan.

chaotic_quixotic

When it comes to the IWC unfortunately nearly all will get disappointing news, most see people applying for SNA/SNFO/SWO and that nearly all get picked for one of those, that isn't the case for IWC, 10% give or take will make it into IWC, sometimes recruiters hold off notifying people because they don't like to give bad news, or sometimes they are just out of the office.

Well, I've been dealing with this recruiter for a year and let's just say it's more than him being out of the office or too scared to tell me bad news. And yes, we get it, non-STEMs and IWC = lower chances.

How did people find out about their results? The reason I ask is cause I finally got ahold of my recruiter today and he said the processor usually automatically sends out pro-/non-select emails to applicants right after results are in, and I didn't receive anything. Did anyone get this kind of email? My recruiter didn't know results were already out (not surprised). He's gonna call the processor and try to find out "first thing tomorrow morning."

For the March board, someone on here had the list of pro-/non-selects, and that's how I found out my application wasn't even submitted, unbeknownst to my recruiter. If anyone happens to have the list for this board and don't mind taking a look, please let me know. Considering I have to resign from my position that's time sensitive, close up ties in this country, and move back to the US if I did get selected, it would be nice to know asap. I kind of have an inkling something went wrong with my application, yet again. If it turns out I wasn't selected, try, try again.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Well, I've been dealing with this recruiter for a year and let's just say it's more than him being out of the office or too scared to tell me bad news. And yes, we get it, non-STEMs and IWC = lower chances.

How did people find out about their results? The reason I ask is cause I finally got ahold of my recruiter today and he said the processor usually automatically sends out pro-/non-select emails to applicants right after results are in, and I didn't receive anything. Did anyone get this kind of email? My recruiter didn't know results were already out (not surprised). He's gonna call the processor and try to find out "first thing tomorrow morning."

For the March board, someone on here had the list of pro-/non-selects, and that's how I found out my application wasn't even submitted, unbeknownst to my recruiter. If anyone happens to have the list for this board and don't mind taking a look, please let me know. Considering I have to resign from my position that's time sensitive, close up ties in this country, and move back to the US if I did get selected, it would be nice to know asap. I kind of have an inkling something went wrong with my application, yet again. If it turns out I wasn't selected, try, try again.

Um, your recruiter should never be going to a processor for results. In fact, it's usually the recruiter passing results down to the processor as a heads up.

Results were posted on the NRC sharepoint on Thursday. If your recruiter doesn't know how to access that or worst yet, even know what the sharepoint even is than he or she doesn't know simple officer recruiting.

Lastly, results should never be posted publically. The one person who did immediately took it down.

Andrew Moy

I did not get selected this round. I was wondering if anyone could provide any insight as to why I may have not been selected. My stats are as follows:

Active Duty: ~2.5 years (ETV2)
BS Biology GPA 3.75
University of St Thomas
OAR: 51
28 y/o
Intel and SWO-Intel

FormerRecruitingGuru

I did not get selected this round. I was wondering if anyone could provide any insight as to why I may have not been selected. My stats are as follows:

BS Biology GPA 3.75
University of St Thomas
28 y/o
Intel and SWO-Intel

1. Because you're applying to a program with a 10% selection rate.
2. SWO-Intel doesn't exist

Consider SWO and even SUPPLY as choices to apply for.

Andrew Moy

I found the The SWO-Intel information from MILPERSMAN 1212-050. Unless this instruction is no longer in use.

I was thinking about applying for SWO with the intention of doing a lateral transfer to Intel eventually, but I kept reading and heard from multiple officers in the Intel community that the likelihood of that happening is very small. In your experience, do SWOs wanting to go Intel have a good chance?

Andrew Moy

Additionally, I plan on going for the reconsideration option with in the 6 months of non-selection for Intel. Can I also take the application I submitted during the June 2017 board and apply, with modifications for CW or IP, for example, in the September 2017 board? Or is that kind of frowned upon?

exNavyOffRec

I found the The SWO-Intel information from MILPERSMAN 1212-050. Unless this instruction is no longer in use.

I was thinking about applying for SWO with the intention of doing a lateral transfer to Intel eventually, but I kept reading and heard from multiple officers in the Intel community that the likelihood of that happening is very small. In your experience, do SWOs wanting to go Intel have a good chance?

The program authorizations are really the only thing that will be up to date MPM is controlled by NPC, PA's are controlled by NRC, and NRC runs the boards so you can see who would have the accurate info.

exNavyOffRec

BS Biology GPA 3.75
University of St Thomas
28 y/o
Intel and SWO-Intel

In addition to what RUFIO said you are not in an IDC field, while you have a good degree and GPA it is still only a 10% rate that is pretty poor, you have better odds playing blackjack

exNavyOffRec

Additionally, I plan on going for the reconsideration option with in the 6 months of non-selection for Intel. Can I also take the application I submitted during the June 2017 board and apply, with modifications for CW or IP, for example, in the September 2017 board? Or is that kind of frowned upon?

They board select/non-select list often will say something like "those who are non-select can resubmit 6 months from (insert board date)" so you would be looking at a board right after the first of the year.

You can use some items from the application you submitted to create the new application, however you have to be mindful of signature dates, and your CO may want specific new things as well.

I would look at other options before you age out of options.