• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

12 JUN 17 IWC Board

Andrew Moy

Thank you for the information and advice. I figured my degree being STEM (I have taken up to calc 2, biochemistry, and one semester of physics with calculus) and what I did as a civilian, which I outlined in my personal statement, had a lot of similarities to Intel in relation to the skill sets needed (attention to detail, analytical thinking, data collection/organization, etc). I have worked in many different fields of science, and what I have found is that you don't necessarily need to have an entire background history in a specific field to do the job and do it will. You just need the determination, proper training, and taking all that you have learned in the past and apply it to the new job at hand (adaptation). However, I will start looking at other options as well.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Thank you for the information and advice. I figured my degree being STEM (I have taken up to calc 2, biochemistry, and one semester of physics with calculus) and what I did as a civilian, which I outlined in my personal statement, had a lot of similarities to Intel in relation to the skill sets needed (attention to detail, analytical thinking, data collection/organization, etc). I have worked in many different fields of science, and what I have found is that you don't necessarily need to have an entire background history in a specific field to do the job and do it will. You just need the determination, proper training, and taking all that you have learned in the past and apply it to the new job at hand (adaptation). However, I will start looking at other options as well.

The boards don't care about your civilian experience unless you're applying for a reserve program. I would argue that EVERY officer position involves attention to detail, analytical thinking, data collection/organization which gets rid of that argument for Intel.

If your overall goal is officer/Ensign consider SWO and maybe even Supply with your background.

ITocsIP

Current IT1
Rufio,
I'm trying to find out if my package was reviewed during the most recent IW Board for IP. I submitted in December and it was a No. I submitted a reconsideration for the March board, but a civilian, Paul Celestin notified me that my package was not reviewed and would be pushed to the June Board. I do not see any results in BOL. Could you please advise? Thank you very much. -IT1 Grounds

exNavyOffRec

Rufio,
I'm trying to find out if my package was reviewed during the most recent IW Board for IP. I submitted in December and it was a No. I submitted a reconsideration for the March board, but a civilian, Paul Celestin notified me that my package was not reviewed and would be pushed to the June Board. I do not see any results in BOL. Could you please advise? Thank you very much. -IT1 Grounds

It could have been pushed due to the 6 month wait between boards without significant change in application.

T. Blue

I have been given a tentative class up date for 19NOV17, however still no final confirmation? When could I expect to receive the final approval? I am active duty. I was given this date on 18OCT17 from the OCS Fleet Processor.

42Zulu

Yeah, I have an "unofficial" FINSELs for this class. Called my recruiter for follow up today and she says they think the pipeline is just backlogged.

If you've been told this date it seems like we're just waiting to get our batch of FINSELs signed off. I was told expect it in the next week or so.