• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

12 JUN 17 IWC Board

Ronin88

It's essentially saying you're eligible for TS-SCI. Even if you have one, you still have to be "prescreened".
That is what I figured. Sounds like its a bit of a formality just to make sure nothing serious has happened since you got your clearance.

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
Thank you everyone, you have all given me much to think about. I will consider switching my application order upon re-submission.

To address RUFiO, I only know as much (or as little) as I could soak up online on this forum and elsewhere. I've spent countless hours reading through old and new threads over in the Intel Officer section. Isn't all anybody on here knows about the communities for which they are applying is what they can find online and hear from those who do work in the field/work in the field themselves already as AD?

NavyOffRec, I really appreciate the information you have given me and I am truly mulling it over.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Thank you everyone, you have all given me much to think about. I will consider switching my application order upon re-submission.

To address RUFiO, I only know as much (or as little) as I could soak up online on this forum and elsewhere. I've spent countless hours reading through old and new threads over in the Intel Officer section. Isn't all anybody on here knows about the communities for which they are applying is what they can find online and hear from those who do work in the field/work in the field themselves already as AD?

NavyOffRec, I really appreciate the information you have given me and I am truly mulling it over.

Reason I ask is because in my experience, many applicants find bad information on what is an Intelligence Officer. A little while back I asked one and he told me Intel Officers are the ones who go behind enemy lines and collect information. Another thought they did James Bond-like jobs. Another said they use foreign languages with foreign countries. All of which aren't accurate. If you enjoy working behind a desk a vast majority of the time, sending emails, working excel, and being a powerpoint warrior, then being an INTEL-O is a great fit for you.

exNavyOffRec

Reason I ask is because in my experience, many applicants find bad information on what is an Intelligence Officer. A little while back I asked one and he told me Intel Officers are the ones who go behind enemy lines and collect information. Another thought they did James Bond-like jobs. Another said they use foreign languages with foreign countries. All of which aren't accurate. If you enjoy working behind a desk a vast majority of the time, sending emails, working excel, and being a powerpoint warrior, then being an INTEL-O is a great fit for you.

This is almost exactly what the Intel officers I worked with described it as.

moveslikemorgan

Standing By

Wow, this really great info. Good insights to have as well. I almost went for INTEL without knowing any of this. Thought the same kind of thing, like you mentioned, front lines and fighting bad guys and bs like that. Interesting stuff. Thanks, RUFIO181

chaotic_quixotic

Still waiting to hear back from my recruiter. Just sent him an email now to confirm. I hope nothing went wrong again.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

Still waiting to hear back from my recruiter. Just sent him an email now to confirm. I hope nothing went wrong again.

When it comes to the IWC unfortunately nearly all will get disappointing news, most see people applying for SNA/SNFO/SWO and that nearly all get picked for one of those, that isn't the case for IWC, 10% give or take will make it into IWC, sometimes recruiters hold off notifying people because they don't like to give bad news, or sometimes they are just out of the office.

sg223

Non-select, but don't care as this was my second choice and more importantly it clears me to resubmit for SWO which was my first choice. Looking forward to the August board. Until then, USE THE SEARCH BAR!

Congrats to those selected!

Last edited:

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
Haha poor Intel, you guys really ride em, eh? I would like to reach out to a seasoned SWO, who do you recommend RUFiO and NavyOffRec? AZGuy?

ScrtSqrl

OfficerHopeful

My SSO called and sent them my standing

https://www.cool.navy.mil/usn/LaDR/is_e1_e9.pdf page 8, specifically the 3913 NEC. That's the carrot I think most people are after. It's a super small community on the enlisted side with even fewer opportunities for officers to do it.

Still over hyped, many 3913 still don't do actual collection, it is debriefing people. The enlisted I ran into thought they were all that. The officers were actually really awesome and humble, when I worked with fleet forces n2x