• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

12 JUN 17 IWC Board

ScrtSqrl

Just don't show me some spot on your leg and say "You were a Corpsman, right? What is this?"
lmao. I've learned my lesson asking docs random questions.... One silver bullet & a pack of 800mg Motrin later I usually tend to feel worse off than when the conversation started.

Anuj Kainth

Just called my OR who was surprised that the results are out. Still waiting to hear back from him after he looks it up.... fingers crossed. Anyone here have access and willing to look it up for me?

moveslikemorgan

Standing By
I am a non-select. Congratulations all of you that got chosen.

I know we haven't interacted on this site, and this probably sounds creepy, but I saw you were on the May SWO board thread as well. I just wanted to offer a reassuring word and tell you to keep your chin up. I'm honestly pretty perplexed that you weren't chosen, your scores are great and you're obviously very driven and determined. Maybe the non-select status just means there's something better down the line for you. Don't be discouraged or give up, tough times make tough people. I've been where you are to an extent, so I get it. Rooting for you and your success in your future endeavors.

Sammaul

Just called my OR who was surprised that the results are out. Still waiting to hear back from him after he looks it up.... fingers crossed. Anyone here have access and willing to look it up for me?

Spoke to my recruiter also. He couldn't find any results and checked something online with my social security number and there was no status for me yet

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
I know we haven't interacted on this site, and this probably sounds creepy, but I saw you were on the May SWO board thread as well. I just wanted to offer a reassuring word and tell you to keep your chin up. I'm honestly pretty perplexed that you weren't chosen, your scores are great and you're obviously very driven and determined. Maybe the non-select status just means there's something better down the line for you. Don't be discouraged or give up, tough times make tough people. I've been where you are to an extent, so I get it. Rooting for you and your success in your future endeavors.

Morgan, I appreciate that more than you realize. I'm taking some time first, but I do believe I've decided to retest and then make the 18AUG deadline for the last Intel board on the schedule RUFiO posted.

You could have been the victim of the tech/non-tech split

I'm not certain I know what that means. Meaning the desired applicants outnumbered the number selection allowed so they had to make the decision to split STEM and non-STEM?

exNavyOffRec

Morgan, I appreciate that more than you realize. I'm taking some time first, but I do believe I've decided to retest and then make the 18AUG deadline for the last Intel board on the schedule RUFiO posted.

I'm not certain I know what that means. Meaning the desired applicants outnumbered the number selection allowed so they had to make the decision to split STEM and non-STEM?

They have a goal of 60% tech to 40% non-tech, which means often Intel uses all the non-tech picks, however when you have people who are USN working in the Intel field that get picked for CW or IP that don't have a tech degree that means less non-tech for Intel. In general there are many more people with non-tech degrees who apply for IWC than those with tech degrees which means those with non-tech have a lot harder time getting picked. I would have thought you would have had a shot, but it is still hard, and once a person is turned down once the odds of getting picked on a subsequent board for the same designator go down.

Your best bet given you have the option is to try for SWO

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
They have a goal of 60% tech to 40% non-tech, which means often Intel uses all the non-tech picks, however when you have people who are USN working in the Intel field that get picked for CW or IP that don't have a tech degree that means less non-tech for Intel. In general there are many more people with non-tech degrees who apply for IWC than those with tech degrees which means those with non-tech have a lot harder time getting picked. I would have thought you would have had a shot, but it is still hard, and once a person is turned down once the odds of getting picked on a subsequent board for the same designator go down.

Your best bet given you have the option is to try for SWO

I see. Not sure how to word this question, but I'll try. Since I've been turned down once you say it decreases likelihood of selection? Why is that? How much of a decrease are we talking? And this is regardless of an OAR improvement?

Ultimately, I want to serve. Before I started college after I graduated high school in 2008, I tried to enlist, and kept trying throughout college but I was too fat. I've lost 100 pounds for this. I just want to serve. Specifically in the Intel community. I thought I'd use the expensive paper I earned to try for a commission, but if it comes down to it, I'm enlisting. Maybe that makes me unusual to do, instead of applying for a surer bet like SWO over my true goal just to earn an O rank, but that's me.