• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

12 JUN 17 IWC Board

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I know you and radio always say iwclooks for STEM degrees but I have BAAS(bachelor's of arts/ applied science) business occupations. I took pre-calc, calc and physics between community college and 4 year university. Would the board count that as STEM?

No. STEM = Science, Tech, Engineering, and Math-related degrees.

exNavyOffRec

I know you and radio always say iwclooks for STEM degrees but I have BAAS(bachelor's of arts/ applied science) business occupations. I took pre-calc, calc and physics between community college and 4 year university. Would the board count that as STEM?

what RUFIO said, however those classes could give you an edge over a person with a similar degree but without those classes.

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
Is it normal to receive a call from the National Background Investigations Bureau from a special investigator about a "background investigation requested by the Navy"? It's odd.

Sammaul

Is it normal to receive a call from the National Background Investigations Bureau from a special investigator about a "background investigation requested by the Navy"? It's odd.

Just part of the process to joining the military. When I enlisted in the army I had a 3 hour interview and we went over every line of the sf-86 and my job didn't even require a security clearance.

exNavyOffRec

It used to be that was only after selection, but you put in for Intel and I believe they changed some of the rules.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Looks like your recruiter/processor started your security clearance. It's not required in fact, it's sort of frowned upon starting a security clearance who has hasn't even been selected, including a program (Intel) that has a 5-10% selection rate.

Just part of the process to joining the military. When I enlisted in the army I had a 3 hour interview and we went over every line of the sf-86 and my job didn't even require a security clearance.

Um, no.

It used to be that was only after selection, but you put in for Intel and I believe they changed some of the rules.

Starting FY18, all Pilot/NFO and I believe SWO (will need to double check) will need to have an adjudicated clearance in order to submit. Also, some AC programs like AMDO/PAO and reserve (AMDO, AEDO, CEC, SEAL, EDO) programs require the same adjudicated clearance as well.

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
Looks like your recruiter/processor started your security clearance. It's not required in fact, it's sort of frowned upon starting a security clearance who has hasn't even been selected, including a program (Intel) that has a 5-10% selection rate.

Thanks, RUFiO...

Seabee_89

Just checking in for this board. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Rate: Active duty UT2(EXW/SCW) for 7 years
OAR: 48
GPA: 3.4 undergrad/4.0 grad so far (12 credits in)
College: AMU and UMUC
Degree: BA in Intl. Relations, AA in Counterterrorism. Working on a Master's in Intel Management
LOR's and Interviews: 2 Intel Captains, 3 Intel Commanders, 1 Intel LCDR, 1 Intel LT, 2 SEAL Captains, 1 SEAL LCDR, 2 retired Intel Captains (one worked for the Joint Chiefs of Staff during the Bush admin) all 10's on scoring sheet.
Applying for: INTEL

I was JSOQ this year for 2nd quarter, and received my MOVSM last month as well. My biggest weakness I think is that I am not currently in the intel field. I work at an NSW command, but I don't have direct intel experience. I have tried to make up for that through school.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Just checking in for this board. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Rate: Active duty UT2(EXW/SCW) for 7 years
OAR: 48
GPA: 3.4 undergrad/4.0 grad so far (12 credits in)
College: AMU and UMUC
Degree: BA in Intl. Relations, AA in Counterterrorism. Working on a Master's in Intel Management
LOR's and Interviews: 2 Intel Captains, 3 Intel Commanders, 1 Intel LCDR, 1 Intel LT, 2 SEAL Captains, 1 SEAL LCDR, 2 retired Intel Captains (one worked for the Joint Chiefs of Staff during the Bush admin) all 10's on scoring sheet.
Applying for: INTEL

I was JSOQ this year for 2nd quarter, and received my MOVSM last month as well. My biggest weakness I think is that I am not currently in the intel field. I work at an NSW command, but I don't have direct intel experience. I have tried to make up for that through school.

Any reason why you haven't considered SWO or NFO? I would seriously consider both if you don't get picked up for 18300. Don't limit yourself to just one program and end up aging out of other ones (SWO and NFO are 31).

maleets

Checking in.

Degree : BS in computer science with focus in computer systems
College : Oregon State University
Overall GPA: 2.93 Major: 3.10
OAR : 47
Applying for : SWO-IP

Applied for only SWO and thought I was going to be a part of the recent May SWO Board but due to a "miscommunication" with my processor I found out my application was only signed up for SWO-IP. I don't think the odds are in my favor with my stats for SWO-IP. Preparing for the August SWO Board and retaking the OAR.

Ronin88

About how long will it take for results after the board concludes?
for the SWO board that just happened the results came out the following week. Active Duty boardees seemed to get results on the following Monday or Tuesday, and civilian boardees seemed to get results on Wednesday or later from their ORs.