• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

12 Dead, 31 Wounded @ FT HOOD

QuagmireMcGuire

Kinder and Gentler
Now THAT'S what an Aviator would say !!! Have you put your application in ... ???

I'm applying for JAG, sir. Since I have already graduated from law school and have entered the professional world, I am applying under the Direct Appointment program. They board only sits once a year for this program and that is in May.

I gots time. So much time...:D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I'm not in favor of women in combat units nor in mens' deployable 'combat-potential' units ... and while I don't think anyone's mentioned it:

This young lady deserves our accolades ... and it would be an honor to stand up alongside her anyday, anyway ...

Kimberly Munley, who brought an end to Fort Hood rampage Thursday, applied protocols established in the 2007 Virginia Tech shootings.

munley.jpg

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
I know that hindsight is 20/20, but does anyone here think that the shooter could have been neutralized sooner (or the attack averted altogether) if military personnel were authorized to carry firearms on base?

I know I'm opening a can of worms here, but I'd like to hear your opinions.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I know that hindsight is 20/20, but does anyone here think that the shooter could have been neutralized sooner (or the attack averted altogether) if military personnel were authorized to carry firearms on base?..
My eyes are 20/15 and 20/20 ... but it would have never happened ... the cowards/miscreants/criminals/evil-doers/goblins ALWAYS go where they think they have an advantage or a defenseless victim ...

Believe it.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I know that hindsight is 20/20, but does anyone here think that the shooter could have been neutralized sooner (or the attack averted altogether) if military personnel were authorized to carry firearms on base?

I know I'm opening a can of worms here, but I'd like to hear your opinions.

I am by no means a gun control nut...that said, you'll realize the folly of this statement once you get to the fleet. Trust me, nobody wants a bunch of airman Schmuckatellis walking around with pistols. Horrible idea.

Brett

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
I am by no means a gun control nut...that said, you'll realize the folly of this statement once you get to the fleet. Trust me, nobody wants a bunch of airman Schmuckatellis walking around with pistols. Horrible idea.

Brett
True, way too many f*%&$@# nut jobs like me out there. :D

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor

Brett

Even the Jarheads don't walk around strapped when home, and they're the most gun loving bunch of doods this side of the nuthouse. We could play shoulda woulda coulda all day, but this guy was the classic sleeper, and it sounds like the first responder was there within a minute and stopped what might have been way bigger (i know I know, the cops can be there in a minute when you've got seconds).

That being said, I'm not sure how I feel about your statement, Brett. If they're allowed to own a handgun outside the fence, and can carry it concealed, and we already trust them with bombs, guns, crypto, etc on deployment in way more stressful situations, what would be different about letting the guys who want to carry a handgun on base have at it?

The military will learn something from this. I highly doubt that lesson will be to allow concealed carry on bases, but you never know.

Cleonard19

Contributor
Unfortunately, this event will ultimately result in politicians lobbying for more metal detectors and other bullshit made in their district, instead of placing more emphasis on MP presence.

I don't know about y'all, but I trust a MAA to keep me safe more than an x-ray machine.

And yeah, i mean MP's/ MAA's. Those Rent-A-Fuck contractor guys can take a hike for all I care.

Bevo16

pilot
The military will learn something from this. I highly doubt that lesson will be to allow concealed carry on bases, but you never know.

I expected a long wait at the gate this morning. To make sure that I kept myself out of trouble, I went through my truck to make sure there were not any stray weapons laying around. To my surprise, only one live round of .308 was in there. I had about 50 rounds of spent brass in a bag under the passenger seat that would have given any police dog fits. I left that in there. :D

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
I work with enlisted sailors day in and day out, I think I'd trust the majority of them here. As for when I was active duty, I know quite a few that probably shouldn't have been near aircraft let alone working on them. That said I would tend to agree with Brett on this.

magnetfreezer

Trust me, nobody wants a bunch of airman Schmuckatellis walking around with pistols. Horrible idea.

Isn't that called "Air Force Security Forces":D?

I think the AF allows E-5 or above to become AFOSI agents as well - while both those career fields obviously have a lot more training than the average airman, allowing those who hold a CCW to use it would impose some modicum of training/screening. Shouldn't be more dangerous than the citizen Schmuckatellis with CCWs walking around the town off base anyway.