• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

12 Dead, 31 Wounded @ FT HOOD

RadicalDude

Social Justice Warlord
+1 for Otto as a sop just to keep him from going crazy ...

This ain't about religion. It's about assholes. Assholes who are trying to kill us. I don't care WHAT God they 'pretend' to pray to .... I want to take them down yesterday, today, and tomorrow ...

Amen. Sorry for getting carried away.

I want to kill the motherfuckers who kill us. Same as everyone in this profession.

This hit close for me, too. I'll be thinking of those brothers-in-arms...

QuagmireMcGuire

Kinder and Gentler
Not understanding the ins and outs, but just now on CNN, they said that he had previously worked as a psychiatrist at Walter Reed but had received a poor performance rating and was then transferred to Ft.Hood. Wouldn't they just remove someone from working with patients if that was the case?

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Let's take a second to thank the cops who showed up to kill this piece of human excrement. One almost gave her life for those soldiers in there who were unarmed. As much as I bag on the civilian rent-a-cops and the 17 year-old MA's who enjoy giving you stoopid tickets; these guys probably saved countless lives with a quick and aggressive response...

edit: Just saw the news conference...sounds like the Army soldiers conducted themselves admirably and we may get a chance to crucify this fucking dirtbag... Gotta love a person who is willing to take a bullet for her fellow human...no higher honor...

AJTranny

Over to the dark side I go...
pilot
None
For the most part, it has gotten to the point that, "Muslim", "Islamist", "Jihadist" blah blah blah... it's all the same to me.

True that not all are bad, but I am now spring-loaded to trust individual ones only after they have earned that trust. Reality of life.

Whether we publicly admit it or not, we are fighting a war on barbaric Islamic culture (Yes, a war on Islam)... and we BETTER win. Crusades, blah blah blah, this that.... it doesn't matter at this point. It is their fundamental ideology that motivates them to want to murder us and we are at war with them. If you want to win, they have to believe we will stop at nothing (including annihilating them all) to achieve that.

During WWII, I'm sure we were prepared to annihilate the entire Japanese race with atomic weapons, if need be, to win.... that is what really put enough fear into the hearts of the Japanese (the prospect of genocidal annihilation if they didn't capitulate) that caused them to break their Samurai code or whatever and surrender.

The Muslims, by contrast, know that we are too touchy-feely these days to considering doing the same to them... so, they have nothing to fear from us.

If we had the political leaders we had (such as Harry Truman) during WWII, we would have annihilated and irradiated these fucks already; the entire bunch would be relegated to bunch of comic book characters of a bygone era...

Holy Shit...I think we've all had enough extremism for one day without this rant. The guy is brown to be sure...but maybe...just maybe...he's just a
whacko and not a fundamentalist anti-american whacko. Regardless, I sure as hell didn't fly over Iraq to wipe out the middle-eastern race. I hope I'm simply misunderstanding your post. If so, my apologies.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
As I was running on the treadmill at the gym watching the TV (reading captions), I read that this guy had repeatedly expresssed that he wanted out of the military and did not support the war we are currently in. It said that he offered to buy out his military contract to get out of the military and even had hired an attorney in his efforts to do so. It said that his request was denied and the case dismissed. Now, I take everything I hear on CNN or any other news broadcast with a grain of salt. However, if those reports are true, the government asked for this (so to speak) to happen and those who ignored this guys requests should be paying the price. If this is true, THE SIGNS WERE THERE.

FlyingOnFumes

Nobel WAR Prize Aspirant
Holy Shit...I think we've all had enough extremism for one day without this rant. The guy is brown to be sure...but maybe...just maybe...he's just a
whacko and not a fundamentalist anti-american whacko. Regardless, I sure as hell didn't fly over Iraq to wipe out the middle-eastern race. I hope I'm simply misunderstanding your post. If so, my apologies.

My point is, they will never fear us, because, unlike them, they know that we value human life.

I'm not advocating that we wipe them all out perse, but it would certainly work in our favor if they thought we did... they are probably laughing hysterically stupid over our PC talk over here [in the US].

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
As I was running on the treadmill at the gym watching the TV (reading captions), I read that this guy had repeatedly expresssed that he wanted out of the military and did not support the war we are currently in. It said that he offered to buy out his military contract to get out of the military and even had hired an attorney in his efforts to do so. It said that his request was denied and the case dismissed. Now, I take everything I hear on CNN or any other news broadcast with a grain of salt. However, if those reports are true, the government asked for this (so to speak) to happen and those who ignored this guys requests should be paying the price. If this is true, THE SIGNS WERE THERE.

You have just uttered the most retarded fucking statement of the day... How do we (the government) deserve this? We should let every assbag who signs up and then changes their mind not deploy? Just the rich ones with lawyers? Or maybe the muslim looking ones? Should we just allow him to run to Canada? Choices have repercussions, and now you say because he decided he was too fucking lazy/arrogant to live with his life decisions and shot some people the GOVERNMENT IS TO BLAME? As a member of the United States of America I say FUCK YOU, KEN, AND THE HORSE YOU RODE IN ON!!!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Holy Shit.... the guy is brown to be sure...but maybe...just maybe...he's just a whacko and not a fundamentalist anti-american whacko....
Yeah ... we can always wish & hope ... and like one of my 'senior' B/N's and mentors told me one fine day about 'wishin':

"You can wish in one hand & shit in the other ... see which one fills up first !"

Nadal Malik Hasan coulda' been a lawyer. He coulda' been a schoolteacher. He coulda' been a priest. He coulda' been an airline pilot. He coulda' been a garbage man. But he wasn't -- evidently he was a shrink ... an Army psychiatrist -- and evidently not a very good one, at that .... you know; one of those who are suppose to get inside other people's heads. So what was he -- in reality??

He was just an asshole.

Q.E.D.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor

That's horseshit. I am tired of CO's, or ANYONE that matter being punished for shit other people did. There are PLENTY of people, Officers included, who don't agree with the war. It's called service. He needed to serve his contract honorably and get out.

How could it be ANYONE ELSE'S FAULT for his gunning down innocent people? I can't believe you would think anyone else should be held accountable.

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
You have just uttered the most retarded fucking statement of the day... How do we (the government) deserve this? We should let every assbag who signs up and then changes their mind not deploy? Just the rich ones with lawyers? Or maybe the muslim looking ones? Should we just allow him to run to Canada? Choices have repercussions, and now you say because he decided he was too fucking lazy/arrogant to live with his life decisions and shot some people the GOVERNMENT IS TO BLAME? As a member of the United States of America I say FUCK YOU, KEN, AND THE HORSE YOU RODE IN ON!!!

Lay off dude.

Any Officer that makes that big of a fuss about not wanting to be in the military has no place IMO. The Army should have kicked his ass out and since they didn't this was the end result.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor

So we should have let Watada and the other deserters go lest they shoot up their unit?