• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

12 APR 17 SNA/SNFO Board

exNavyOffRec

Understood. I was writing from the cultural perspective, not how easy it is to get a slot. That being said, BDCP was 6% when I selected so never say never. Air national guard and USAFR Are also great options. I had a lot of guard/reserve students in all my classes and there were always a couple OTS. Point is don't turn yourself down for an option. Let the board do that.

True, but unlike the USN, the AF won't take your application unless they know there are spots available, because of the perception of the AF the AF OR would tell them no pilot spots if you want to be AF you can go CSO, of course the AF OR generally wouldn't talk to anyone that didn't have an engineering degree.

exNavyOffRec

So RUFiO181 or one of the other recruiters could prob clarify, but if you have a family emergency, you can't go on ermergecy leave and come back and roll into another class?

"family emergency" is quite vague, not asking the person to disclose but some things the USN will send you back for and some things they will not.

Dallas Brown

SNA applicant
So RUFiO181 or one of the other recruiters could prob clarify, but if you have a family emergency, you can't go on ermergecy leave and come back and roll into another class?
Not something I was told about or offered at the time. I do know someone who has done it but that was after I had already gotten home.

Dallas Brown

SNA applicant
"family emergency" is quite vague, not asking the person to disclose but some things the USN will send you back for and some things they will not.
Recruiter just called and told me a guy at my recruiting district did some digging for me and although he didnt get a definite answer it was most likely because of my previous drop. He did tell me to go ahead and do the recommendation with the Lt. Cmdr. and reapply on the July board. in his words "the guy who did the digging has been doing this a long time and wouldnt of suggested it if he hadnt seen it work before."

Safashton

True, but unlike the USN, the AF won't take your application unless they know there are spots available, because of the perception of the AF the AF OR would tell them no pilot spots if you want to be AF you can go CSO, of course the AF OR generally wouldn't talk to anyone that didn't have an engineering degree.

My experience, the AF OR, wouldn't even give me time if day until I took the AFOQT, which they wouldn't even schedule until I did a practice one in their office and got minimum scores.

Mercury404

OR contacted me today and informed me that my package was tabled for the July board. Is this a bad thing and why would it have happened instead of getting a PROREC Y/N?

Mercury404

I apologize if I didn't catch the discussion in the thread earlier. My OR just called and said I didn't get a PROREC and that my package was tabled for the July board. I wasn't given anymore information other than that.

KnightFlight

@Dallas Brown
This was 2 years ago, but we were 2 weeks from graduating OCS and my good buddy found out his dad was rushed to the hospital and it was serious. He was able to go home for the weekend to be with his dad, who ended up pulling through, then he returned and graduated with our class. Just finished up Nuke school.
Another kid from a different class found out that his grandmother whom lived with him passed away, he was just going to be rolled to another class, but he started hearing voices or some weird stuff and was rightfully sent home.
3 guys from my class found out their wives had cheated on them while at OCS (2 of which had children with these woman). They hit the man button and toughed it out to graduate and get the hell out of Newport. That being said, 2 of them ended up redesing, one on account of the emotional strain, and becoming a single father in the others case. Both are still in the Navy doing quite well! The 3rd is winged as a P8 pilot.
Depending on the severity of the situation the Navy will work with you. Sometimes, you just got to suck it up though, it's part of the job.

Last edited:

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

You're enlisted. Go back to A-school days and ask/think the same question.

@NavyOffRec mentioned it, depends on the scenario but it better be something that desperately requires your attention.