• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

12 APR 17 SNA/SNFO Board

AJ18

Who knows. I sure do fee like shit though.
....Go Air Force ;) Scores like that should have gotten you a slot no doubt....something's wrong here big time...You have these other selects with 2.8 GPA in Hamstring Stretching and lower scores, and they still get selected? nahhhhhh....If you really want to fly...you will not limit your options. Try Air Force, Marines, Army, Coast Guard...don't give up!

Swimcris

Who knows. I sure do fee like shit though.
I didn't get officer (my goal was just officer, applied for supply and intel first go) and didn't get it the first boards. So I enlisted, went through boot camp and seven months of A-school. I got NFO but not pilot. It does suck that you didn't get it as your scores surely do deserve it. However, don't give up and you I can almost guarantee you'll find yourself where you want to be soon enough. Keep at the grind and don't give up!

Congratulations to all that were selected. I am Pro Rec N for SNA. Pretty bummed but it is what it is. I was selected for NFO even though I was not aware my recruiter listed it as a second choice. I understand what a great opportunity NFO would be, but have decided to turn it down as it is still my dream to go SNA and my plan was always to re-apply had I not been selected. Does anyone know if I can re-submit to the next board, or is there a waiting period? Any advice is appreciated.

My wife and I have some close friends who are a pilot/NFO pair. We were cautioned that if we turned anything down the chances of getting in next time were slim at best. Someone previously mentioned changing later on, that would probably be the path I took if I were in your position.

exNavyOffRec

My wife and I have some close friends who are a pilot/NFO pair. We were cautioned that if we turned anything down the chances of getting in next time were slim at best. Someone previously mentioned changing later on, that would probably be the path I took if I were in your position.

I have had people that turned down spots before get selected again, it was only for SNA, they had real good scores and were able to right a good letter why they turned down in the first place, not anything like "my girlfriend didn't want me to go" the better the scores the more is overlooked.

desertflyer

Well regardless, congratulations everyone. I plan on reapplying asap. If turning down NFO hurts my chances, then so be it. I never wanted it in the first place. Personally, I'd prefer to PIC Cessna 150's for the rest of my life than sign for 10 years knowing I'll never fly a fixed/rotary wing aircraft for the Navy. Wish everyone the best at OCS, I'm gonna go flying now to try and bring my spirits up.

I'd imagine this mentality is why you didn't get selected. "I'd rather fly a Cessna 150 than serve my country in any other capacity". Just remember, you're an officer first and aviator second. There's a chance that after 3 years you won't be flying anymore regardless. If you're only there to fly, and aren't there to serve your country and be a good leader, then you're in it for the wrong reasons. Enjoy your 66th hour in the Cessna 150.

exNavyOffRec

....Go Air Force ;) Scores like that should have gotten you a slot no doubt....something's wrong here big time...You have these other selects with 2.8 GPA in Hamstring Stretching and lower scores, and they still get selected? nahhhhhh....If you really want to fly...you will not limit your options. Try Air Force, Marines, Army, Coast Guard...don't give up!

The USAF has minimal spots open to those who apply via OTS as opposed to USAFA or AFROTC, there were MANY times when I would be at a career fair with an USAF OR and he would say no pilot spots available for the foreseeable future all taken by USAFA and AFROTC.

ILL43

I have had people that turned down spots before get selected again, it was only for SNA, they had real good scores and were able to right a good letter why they turned down in the first place, not anything like "my girlfriend didn't want me to go" the better the scores the more is overlooked.

Do you know what some examples of their reasons were? I'm dealing with some possible reasons that might make me turn it down. I got ProRec-Y for both. It's something I really want to do but I'm worried that if I turn it down the first time I won't ever have another chance.