• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

12 APR 17 SNA/SNFO Board

exNavyOffRec

Navyoffrec, any idea why some applications have been getting tabled? My OR has three apps tabled including myself. Does it have to do with certain districts meeting quotas?

I would wonder if it wasn't an OR issue, I have seen OR's that screwed up say "NRC moved the board" or "NRC put you in the next batch" while in actuality the application was submitted to the processor late, or there was an error and it was kicked back and not fixed in time. It could be they only wanted to review a specific number of applications at this board, years ago Supply would do that from time to time, if there was a true NRC reason RUFIO may have heard.

Welsham

I would wonder if it wasn't an OR issue, I have seen OR's that screwed up say "NRC moved the board" or "NRC put you in the next batch" while in actuality the application was submitted to the processor late, or there was an error and it was kicked back and not fixed in time. It could be they only wanted to review a specific number of applications at this board, years ago Supply would do that from time to time, if there was a true NRC reason RUFIO may have heard.
Thank you for your response! one of the guys has been tabled twice in a row in my district. the OR is going to make some calls on Monday to see what went on. In his case, is it possible that the processor messed up twice in a row?

exNavyOffRec

Thank you for your response! one of the guys has been tabled twice in a row in my district. the OR is going to make some calls on Monday to see what went on. In his case, is it possible that the processor messed up twice in a row?

There are just so many things that could have caused this it is too hard to figure out specifics.

cookie_monster

Also, how long did it take you guys to find out that you were tabled? The board met Monday the 6th, so you must of found out pretty quick. I wonder if you find out that quick if you get chosen

Welsham

Also, how long did it take you guys to find out that you were tabled? The board met Monday the 6th, so you must of found out pretty quick. I wonder if you find out that quick if you get chosen
we found out yesterday the 10th, and people were give their PRORECS yesterday as well. pretty quick

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

OR's saying alternative facts? Say it isn't so!

hdr777

pilot
I can't help that I'm so young lol I don't even turn 21 until August...

P. S. I Should of said I will be receiving my degrees in December of this year. Still a senior @ school

How are you applying for this board then, don't you have to be within 6 months of graduating? I only ask because I graduate next December as well.

If 7 is your PFAR go with it
How would you recommend I go about convincing my OR to let me apply without retaking?
My thought process is, "Applicants with lowers scores and GPAs are getting PROREC-Y. If not selected, retake and reapply."
I understand it's rare to receive a lower score on the retest, but again, I'd rather not risk it if I don't have to. I'm definitely going to discuss everything with my OR; I'm just trying to soundboard right now. I appreciate the reply!

cookie_monster

How are you applying for this board then, don't you have to be within 6 months of graduating? I only ask because I graduate next December as well.
Nope! I just had to fill out a course completion sheet with my academic adviser to prove that you will graduate on time. Talk about that with your officer recruiter.

cookie_monster

How would you recommend I go about convincing my OR to let me apply without retaking?
My thought process is, "Applicants with lowers scores and GPAs are getting PROREC-Y. If not selected, retake and reapply."
I understand it's rare to receive a lower score on the retest, but again, I'd rather not risk it if I don't have to. I'm definitely going to discuss everything with my OR; I'm just trying to soundboard right now. I appreciate the reply!
I got a 48 on my OAR, and that is the only thing that scares me. It is not bad, in fact it is average, but I have a feeling the navy wants above average scores. I got an 8 on my PFAR, and I don't want to risk dropping that score. I will probably just see what happens during the april board.

Also, I heard rumor that the board doesn't even read your motivational statement unless there is a tie between 2 people and they need to pick one of them.