• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

12 APR 17 SNA/SNFO Board

koliver

Yeah i do! He was one of the lightweights, solid dude. My last name's Vaughn if he asks. Lol.
Crazy! Well hey good luck man I hope the board does well for us! It'd be cool to maybe get the same OCS class but I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch ;)

msv123

MVaughn123
Crazy! Well hey good luck man I hope the board does well for us! It'd be cool to maybe get the same OCS class but I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch ;)
For sure, man! Likewise! Hopefully these dang Feb applicants dont take all our slots ;)

cookie_monster

Here are my stats for the April board!

20 Years old
No Prior military service
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
ASTB: (OAR: 48 , AQR: 6, PFAR: 8, FOFAR: 6)
GPA: 3.7
Degrees: Bachelors of Science in Aviation Management, Associates of Applied Science in Aviation Flight
Flight hours: 250
Flight ratings: Commercial Pilot Certificate, Instrument Rating, Private Pilot Certificate, Remote Pilot Certificate (Certified Flight Instructor in progress)
Letters of recommendations: Previous Flight Instructor, Airport Manager, Civil Air Patrol Squadron Commander

I am only applying for SNA currently, I may add NFO to my application if a few boards go by and I don't get chosen for SNA.

Welsham

Hey all! My application was tabled from the 06 Feb board until this board! Hopefully some good news comes from the board this time around!

AUav8r

Grizzly
pilot
Here are my stats for the April board!

20 Years old
No Prior military service
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
ASTB: (OAR: 48 , AQR: 6, PFAR: 8, FOFAR: 6)
GPA: 3.7
Degrees: Bachelors of Science in Aviation Management, Associates of Applied Science in Aviation Flight
Flight hours: 250
Flight ratings: Commercial Pilot Certificate, Instrument Rating, Private Pilot Certificate, Remote Pilot Certificate (Certified Flight Instructor in progress)
Letters of recommendations: Previous Flight Instructor, Airport Manager, Civil Air Patrol Squadron Commander

I am only applying for SNA currently, I may add NFO to my application if a few boards go by and I don't get chosen for SNA.

Doogie Howser in the building everyone

I first applied MAY2016 and was given prorec-n for SNFO. Got LASIK at the end of JUN2016 and was finally given an all clear last week to apply for SNA. My recruiter wants me to retake the ASTBE at the end of February for this board.
My stats are as follows:
48 5/7/5
GPA: 3.2
After seeing the results from the JAN2017 board, I'm pretty hesitant to retake it unless I absolutely have to. Thoughts?

exNavyOffRec

I first applied MAY2016 and was given prorec-n for SNFO. Got LASIK at the end of JUN2016 and was finally given an all clear last week to apply for SNA. My recruiter wants me to retake the ASTBE at the end of February for this board.
My stats are as follows:
48 5/7/5
After seeing the results from the JAN2017 board, I'm pretty hesitant to retake it unless I absolutely have to. Thoughts?

If 7 is your PFAR go with it

AJ18

My stats are as follows:
48 5/7/5
Its honestly hard to say. My scores are not great at all but they seem to keep wanting to table me...my original board was in November....and two tables later....here I sit. Yours are better than mine. I think you have a great shot! Good luck!

Welsham

Its honestly hard to say. My scores are not great at all but they seem to keep wanting to table me...my original board was in November....and two tables later....here I sit. Yours are better than mine. I think you have a great shot! Good luck!
Yeah I know it's hard to tell, it would be nice to know some reason vs not knowing ya know?

AJ18

Yeah I know it's hard to tell, it would be nice to know some reason vs not knowing ya know?
Agreed. The worst answer anybody could receive is a "maybe." Not to make you feel bad but I am just amazed at how you were tabled and like three-four others from the Feb board, with worse scores, were selected over you. Hopefully the OR figures stuff out Monday. I just wish they would have given me a damn NO so I can retake this test. They should really give an explanation if you are going to be tabled TWICE! haha but overall, pretty fun experience eh!? lol

Welsham

Agreed. The worst answer anybody could receive is a "maybe." Not to make you feel bad but I am just amazed at how you were tabled and like three-four others from the Feb board, with worse scores, were selected over you. Hopefully the OR figures stuff out Monday. I just wish they would have given me a damn NO so I can retake this test. They should really give an explanation if you are going to be tabled TWICE! haha but overall, pretty fun experience eh!? lol
I was kinda surprised too.. I'm hoping he gets everything together on Monday and then MAYBE there was reporting error. Being tabled twice sounds terrible man. I'd give this experience a 3.5/5 stars so far ha