• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

12 APR 17 SNA/SNFO Board

Grantendo

pilot
Checking in for this board as well, applying for SNA. Paperwork wrapped up this week.

ASTB: 65/8/7/7
Degree: B.S. Civil Engineering, 3.08
~3 years experience in engineering practice

Best of luck to everyone! Hope to meet you guys in Newport!

Wow too funny, I am a 25 y.o. Civil Engineer too checking in with practically the same stats lol.

Applying for SNA.

ASTB: 58 7/8/7
Degree: B.S. Civil Engineering 2.85 (Cal Poly Pomona)
~ 3 years engineering experience
~ 3 LOR from an active duty Air Force WSO, and two former supervisors

Cymbolmonkey

Checking in for this board. Just submittied my fleet OCS package today for SNA. Took 10 years to finish my degree, but will hopefully get picked up and commissioned before Feb 2018.

ASTB: 67 8/7/8
Degree: B.S. Environmental Science 3.84
9.5 yrs active duty.
Age and tattoo waiver.
Interviews: O-5 aviator, O-4 supply, and O-3 HR.
Letters or recommendation: Well known Ret. O-4 SEAL, LDO O-3, and a CMDMC.
Have had many collateral duties throughout my career and 96 hrs of volunteer work in 2016.

I am stationed at a recruiting command and all of the officer recruiters tell me the only thing that really matters are the ASTB and GPA.

koliver

So I had borderline high blood pressure at MEPS (still passing but my recruiter requested I get two days of AM/PM readings) well N3M requires 3 days of consecutive readings so I am now literally getting BP readings yesterday, today, and tomorrow and submitting them straight to my recruiter and processor Sunday night so N3M can clear me ASAP on Monday and I can submit my package. Talk about hurry up and wait! Hopefully I make it! What do you guys think @RUFiO181 and @NavyOffRec? Cutting it close or will I not make it? Could my OR do a late submission?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
So I had borderline high blood pressure at MEPS (still passing but my recruiter requested I get two days of AM/PM readings) well N3M requires 3 days of consecutive readings so I am now literally getting BP readings yesterday, today, and tomorrow and submitting them straight to my recruiter and processor Sunday night so N3M can clear me ASAP on Monday and I can submit my package. Talk about hurry up and wait! Hopefully I make it! What do you guys think @RUFiO181 and @NavyOffRec? Cutting it close or will I not make it? Could my OR do a late submission?

Your recruiter will need to submit the BP readings first thing on Monday in order to get an N3M letter by say lunchtime. Assuming all's well and you already sat down with your recruiter/processor to sign off everything, then yes they should be able to upload everything onto PRIDEMOD II and send out to NRC. If you have a really good processor and recruiter, everything would have already been uploaded minus the N3M letter so really your processor just needs to push a button and it's ready to go.

As for late submissions, exception to policies are really meant for hard to fill programs (Chaplain, Medical, etc.) or applicants who are age critical and can't wait to miss another board. NRDs can only request so many ETPs, and so there's no incentive for requesting one for someone who can wait until the next Pilot/NFO board if needed.

koliver

Your recruiter will need to submit the BP readings first thing on Monday in order to get an N3M letter by say lunchtime. Assuming all's well and you already sat down with your recruiter/processor to sign off everything, then yes they should be able to upload everything onto PRIDEMOD II and send out to NRC. If you have a really good processor and recruiter, everything would have already been uploaded minus the N3M letter so really your processor just needs to push a button and it's ready to go.

As for late submissions, exception to policies are really meant for hard to fill programs (Chaplain, Medical, etc.) or applicants who are age critical and can't wait to miss another board. NRDs can only request so many ETPs, and so there's no incentive for requesting one for someone who can wait until the next Pilot/NFO board if needed.
Everything is signed and ready to go on my end. I think they have everything submitted or ready to go because they told me it was finalized and then had N3M issues. Thanks for the info, hopefully everything works out!

exNavyOffRec

of course that is assuming that when it is sent to N3M they actually look at it that day, since you are on the west coast I would not hold my breath, if you get it to them so they have it at 8 it is already 11 N3M time, so realistically they will be looking at it after N3M has lunch so you have a small window, at least you are not age critical.

koliver

of course that is assuming that when it is sent to N3M they actually look at it that day, since you are on the west coast I would not hold my breath, if you get it to them so they have it at 8 it is already 11 N3M time, so realistically they will be looking at it after N3M has lunch so you have a small window, at least you are not age critical.
My recruiter has been pretty good at getting N3M to get results back quickly. I know I could wait for the next board, but I just would rather be in this one and get an OCS date as close to graduating as possible.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Don't know if it was the Admiral or someone senior at NRC, but N3M got smacked around to ensure they return MEDWAIVE documents ASAP. I've seen physicals submitted around 3-4pm central time get returned back the same day.