• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

12 APR 17 SNA/SNFO Board

koliver

Still waiting on N3M to clear my LASIK waiver... Feeling the time crunch, but my recruiter thinks I'll still make this board. Anyone else in the same boat?

TigerKiller

Banana Slugs welcome. :D Do they still have that flying IUD on campus?
Not that I know of, but I definitely wouldn't be surprised if that was a thing student health used in previous years (I racked up some volunteer hours with them throwing condoms at students). I've seen enough strange things on that campus and in the redwood forest there for a lifetime.

TigerKiller

Still waiting on N3M to clear my LASIK waiver... Feeling the time crunch, but my recruiter thinks I'll still make this board. Anyone else in the same boat?
Still in limbo on eyesight waiver. I'd rather wait to get cleared and submit to the June board than jump the gun. Others that require an age waiver may feel differently.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
...that flying IUD on campus
It's a sculpture, not an actual contraceptive device. :D
images

TigerKiller

Ahh, the infamous Porter squiggle. This was actually the college I was in. Some said it represented the curves of a woman if you looked at it sideways... This was my take on it:

Attachments

• Porter Squiggle.jpg
    Porter Squiggle.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 15

Jacob Jackson

Jaxson239
Checking in for the board SNA and SNFO as well

ASTB-E - 54/6/7/7
Degree - BS psychology and criminology
GPA - 3.22
Age - 24
LOC's from Ensign in flight school now and former Special Ops Air Force
Multiple leadership roles and philanthropic work throughout high school and college
Cleared by MEPS 20/20 vision
Main thing I'm worried about is my record.... misdemeanor possession of marijuana and MIP (both written arrests)
I've been told by my recruiter and a few guys picked up by the last board (who had lower ASTB-E than I did) I should be fine but I can't help but be nervous...
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Best of luck to all!!

cookie_monster

ASTB-E - 54/6/7/7
GPA - 3.22
Age - 24
Multiple leadership roles and philanthropic work throughout high school and college
Main thing I'm worried about is my record.... misdemeanor possession of marijuana and MIP (both written arrests)
I've been told by my recruiter and a few guys picked up by the last board (who had lower ASTB-E than I did) I should be fine but I can't help but be nervous...
Best of luck to all!!
Stay positive man! :)

egri

Checking in for this board SNFO/SNA:

ASTB 58 7/6/7
B.S. Industrial and Systems Engineering, graduating in May 2017. GPA 2.53 (terrible, I know).
LORs from my boss, a former USN O3, my former piano teacher, who served two tours on USS Coral Sea during Vietnam, and my pastor.
Plenty of leadership and philanthropic experience.

The big things I'm worried about (aside from GPA) are a speeding ticket I picked up in April 2014, and I was temporarily suspended from a job I had in 2013. The company violated their own policy in suspending me, and when I pointed it out, they immediately lifted my suspension, but still.

exNavyOffRec

Checking in for this board SNFO/SNA:

ASTB 58 7/6/7
B.S. Industrial and Systems Engineering, graduating in May 2017. GPA 2.53 (terrible, I know).
LORs from my boss, a former USN O3, my former piano teacher, who served two tours on USS Coral Sea during Vietnam, and my pastor.
Plenty of leadership and philanthropic experience.

The big things I'm worried about (aside from GPA) are a speeding ticket I picked up in April 2014, and I was temporarily suspended from a job I had in 2013. The company violated their own policy in suspending me, and when I pointed it out, they immediately lifted my suspension, but still.

I would guess you will get a N, if for the simple reason your GPA is so low that if you have a bad last term you could become ineligible, the safe be for the board is to give you a N then see you reapply after you graduate.

exNavyOffRec

ASTB-E - 54/6/7/7
GPA - 3.22
Age - 24
Best of luck to all!!

That record could indeed be an issue, you can't do anything about it now, but hope for the best.

The board doesn't read those LOR's it is all about ASTB