• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

11JUL17 Pilot/NFO board

Hayley D.

Interestingly enough, I might be held up for my FINSEL because of dual-citizenship issues (biological parents were different foreign nationals) and thus needing to renounce citizenships I never knew I had if that's the case, since my OR made it clear processors were trying to get as many pilots out as possible to OCS.
You likely have dual citizenship. The process to renounce depends on the country, where are your parents from?

George222

You likely have dual citizenship. The process to renounce depends on the country, where are your parents from?
Colombia and Costa Rica, the document my OR sent me says I need to establish residency in Colombia for that citizenship but the Costa Rican one says I just need to be born abroad to a citizen so that's the prime suspect right now. :confused:

Cgunner91

Supply Corps
Interestingly enough, I might be held up for my FINSEL because of dual-citizenship issues (biological parents were different foreign nationals) and thus needing to renounce citizenships I never knew I had if that's the case, since my OR made it clear processors were trying to get as many pilots out as possible to OCS.

My father was born in Surrey, U.K. Grandfather was active duty Air Force at the time and grandmother was U.K citizen. They moved back to U.S. and father renounced his U.K. citizenship at age 18. He retired from U.S. Navy but I still have to renounce U.K. citizenship myself. From what I gather talking to other applicants in the same sitch, it shouldn't hopefully hold us up that long. All I had to do was send a letter to the U.K. embassy so Navy could check it off their list. Idk if it's different for others. I was told once my security clearance is processed, they'll order my FINSEL... however long that'll be :/

I'm non-AD and still waiting for my FINSEL. Last week my OR said she checked online, and the processors had added a note saying my FINSEL was just waiting for a final signature. Anyone have an idea how long that process takes? I'm still hoping for the September OCS class.

Safashton

Yeah, I was informed by some folks they are still selecting and placing people in the class. So it should be pretty soon that we get word, hopefully.

Can anyone confirm that a FINAL SELECT is attached to your OCS Class Date? Seems to be the trend I see, where people don't get the FINSEL until they have a class.

Angel17

Can anyone confirm that a FINAL SELECT is attached to your OCS Class Date? Seems to be the trend I see, where people don't get the FINSEL until they have a class.
I'm pretty sure that the Final Selection letter is them locking you into an OCS date. When I received my letter the first sentence or two said "congratulations you've been selected to join the elite group of individuals attending the September 17th class in Newport" . I can't imagine receiving it without a OCS date.

Safashton

That's what happened with me. My Final Select letter had my class date in it.

That's about what I figured. My command is releasing me December 1st and there is a class December 10th, so I'm assuming I'll likely be in that class, but I figured once they started filling it is when I would get a FINSEL.

justheretocreep

I haven't received mine yet either but since my release date is the end of this month I'm hoping to get it here in the next few weeks.

CamMusic

Congrats again to those that have received their FINSEL and class date!

To those who are still waiting on a FINSEL, including myself, I know it's a tough wait and we all want to know our class date, but it will come in time. We've made it past the first big hurdle of selection! That isn't something to take lightly.

Whether you leave this month or not until December, you are going to attend OCS and become an Officer in the US Navy. Use the time you still have now to keep preparing yourself.

Good luck to everyone!

USC6217

I'm happy to see everyone getting their FINSEL and wish them the best of luck! I'll know the struggle come next spring after I graduate.

Safashton

My Pro-Rec-Y disappeared from BUPERS, I believe someone said theirs did to a while back. Mine was there Just before the 25th of Aug, but BOL went down for some maintenance and just came back, so I'm assuming mine is likely related to that.