• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

11JUL17 Pilot/NFO board

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Did anyone else apply for only one option and got a different one. I applied only for SNA but got SNFO and didn't put it anywhere in the package or tell anyone that I wanted an alternate? I mean I certainly won't pass up a commision but not expecting this result. Oh well Officer was my overall goal anyway.

Your scores aren't good enough for NFO.

MatthewG08

Your scores aren't good enough for NFO.
Yes I know that's why I didn't put NFO however, my XO here said sometimes they will overlook it if you qualify for pilot hence qualifying you for both somehow. I don't quite understand but oh well I got the "Y" I'm not gonna ask too many questions LOL

FormerRecruitingGuru

Yes I know that's why I didn't put NFO however, my XO here said sometimes they will overlook it if you qualify for pilot hence qualifying you for both somehow. I don't quite understand but oh well I got the "Y" I'm not gonna ask too many questions LOL

Nope. You have to meet the min requirements and even so it's extremely rare.

MatthewG08

I've heard of that happening, but its like a double edge sword, in that you got a position you didn't apply for, but gives commission. Could turn it down and potentially never get selected again.
Yes, exactly! I wouldn't turn it down now but maybe try to do a lateral transfer after I get winged. Well I'll guess I'll just see what the future holds maybe I'll like it after all. Some of the NFOs at my command said they were a little bummed when they got selected instead of Pilot but liked it after they did the training.

MatthewG08

Nope. You have to meet the min requirements and even so it's extremely rare.
I think I have been lucky all my life lol. I get all the orders I pick first time I. just got orders back to Japan again recently but I had to turn it down due to OCS selection.

I got the confirmation of processing July 27 from NRC so maybe they overlooked my scores. who knows. I did see where they say that they highly recommend the minimums but in certain times it can be overlooked idk if this is one of those times. I'm not gonna make a big deal about not getting pilot though.

Safashton

So I'm RUFIO are you saying he is a 1 in a million case not meeting the minimums and getting selected, or even though despite his Pro-rec Yes, with not meeting minimum scores, something needs to be said?

Angel17

I think I have been lucky all my life lol. I get all the orders I pick first time I. just got orders back to Japan again recently but I had to turn it down due to OCS selection.

I got the confirmation of processing July 27 from NRC so maybe they overlooked my scores. who knows. I did see where they say that they highly recommend the minimums but in certain times it can be overlooked idk if this is one of those times. I'm not gonna make a big deal about not getting pilot though.
Your recruiter could have put you down for both anyways, my recruiter said she always puts SNA/SNFO for her applicants. I wanted SNA but got SNFO, I'm happy to take it. Similar to what you said, I just want to continue to serve - Naval Officer first , Pilot/NFO second

MatthewG08

Your recruiter could have put you down for both anyways, my recruiter said she always puts SNA/SNFO for her applicants. I wanted SNA but got SNFO, I'm happy to take it. Similar to what you said, I just want to continue to serve - Naval Officer first , Pilot/NFO second
Right, maybe that's what happened to me. Yes my goal was to be a leader in the end I'm just happy I'm in aviation in the end. Have you received any word on your class dates?

Angel17

Also, she said that at API if you are top 1 or 2 in the class (medically qualified) that they could potentially switch you to SNA. I'm sure there is plenty of speculation to how true that is but it's worth giving it your best shot; worst case you're still top of the class with potentially a first pick for Aircraft (if it's similar to how us mechs got orders down in Pensacola)

Angel17

Right, maybe that's what happened to me. Yes my goal was to be a leader in the end I'm just happy I'm in aviation in the end. Have you received any word on your class dates?
Still waiting on Final Selection lol my OR said expect to go in October.

MatthewG08

Yeah I'm switching from the Marines to the Navy with a conditional release so I've dealt with an OR this entire time rather then doing everything on my own like you guys, I'm actually pretty thankful for that haha
Yea it's been very stressful planning life around the navy is always just winging it for me lol. Try planning a wedding on top of all this. Thankfully she's very understanding. I did explain she will marry the navy too not just me several times lol.

FormerRecruitingGuru

So I'm RUFIO are you saying he is a 1 in a million case not meeting the minimums and getting selected, or even though despite his Pro-rec Yes, with not meeting minimum scores, something needs to be said?

I thought the person was still not applying and not PROREC'd yet. Disregard.