• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

11JUL17 Pilot/NFO board

justheretocreep

well if they put me on the aug 27th class I should be graduating 12 weeks later Nov 19th (my bday) which would be an even better bday present LOL. but I need work on my swim and run so a later class is even better

Yeah I think graduation would be a much better birthday present than day 1 lol, but yeah as bad as I want to leave now I talked to my skipper about when I should leave and she suggested next fiscal year to get my mile and a half time down under 11 and more time to study and memorize appendix B. She's looking out for my best interest so she set my release date for September 30th, which is why my guess is I'll be leaving for October 8th class up. I will not be telling anyone there it is my birthday so if i'm there with any of y'all this stays between us lol.

moveslikemorgan

Standing By
Yeah I think graduation would be a much better birthday present than day 1 lol, but yeah as bad as I want to leave now I talked to my skipper about when I should leave and she suggested next fiscal year to get my mile and a half time down under 11 and more time to study and memorize appendix B. She's looking out for my best interest so she set my release date for September 30th, which is why my guess is I'll be leaving for October 8th class up. I will not be telling anyone there it is my birthday so if i'm there with any of y'all this stays between us lol.

Genuinely curious here, but you said get your 1.5 mile time down to under 11. Is that just a personal goal or am I missing something? I've only heard 1.5 mile needs to be done in under 15..

justheretocreep

Genuinely curious here, but you said get your 1.5 mile time down to under 11. Is that just a personal goal or am I missing something? I've only heard 1.5 mile needs to be done in under 15..

It actually depends on your age bracket and sex for the satisfactory time to pass, http://www.navy-prt.com/malestandard/malestandard.html, that website lays out the PRT standards that we will be graded on during OCS. This really counts for our PRT OUT as that is what goes on your official big Navy record when you graduate and join the fleet. Under 11 is technically just a personal goal but since I've been picked up I've been in steady contact with a few Ensigns who just recently graduated all of which have said if I want a smoother time in OCS to come in great shape already and being under 11 is a good sign of that. So technically just a personal goal but also some solid advice from people who have just been through it.

Hope that clarifies it lol

Safashton

Nope, it depends on how well you do on the other portions of the PRT. At a minimum you would have to run it greater at 16:07 or less, assuming you did at least 45 situps and 25 pushups. If you ran it in 16:08 or higher, auto fail overall.

moveslikemorgan

Standing By
It actually depends on your age bracket and sex for the satisfactory time to pass, http://www.navy-prt.com/malestandard/malestandard.html, that website lays out the PRT standards that we will be graded on during OCS. This really counts for our PRT OUT as that is what goes on your official big Navy record when you graduate and join the fleet. Under 11 is technically just a personal goal but since I've been picked up I've been in steady contact with a few Ensigns who just recently graduated all of which have said if I want a smoother time in OCS to come in great shape already and being under 11 is a good sign of that. So technically just a personal goal but also some solid advice from people who have just been through it.

Hope that clarifies it lol

Definitely clarifies, thank you! I am working on my run time as well, but 11 minutes would be EXTREMELY fast for me. I wouldn't exactly call myself a strong runner by default, so I guess I'm about to have to figure out how to become one, haha.

moveslikemorgan

Standing By
Nope, it depends on how well you do on the other portions of the PRT. At a minimum you would have to run it greater at 16:07 or less, assuming you did at least 45 situps and 25 pushups. If you ran it in 16:08 or higher, auto fail overall.

Interesting, definitely didn't know it was dependent on the other portions of the PRT as well. Good to know! Thanks!

Carina

moveslikemorgan

Standing By
Actually he has a point. Under 11 min is extreme but for API it looks like all Males have to run the 1.5 mile in 12 min or less while Females have to do it in 14:15.... if this is accurate
So good to prepare early

http://www.netc.navy.mil/nascweb/survival/survival_api.htm

Ahhh geeez, this stuff is starting to stress me out. I've seen SO MUCH conflicting information when it comes to the PRT standards and what is actually acceptable. I also heard the in-PFT was done on a normal track, not a cross country trail. I was looking at this link...beginning on page 19 for specific standards for male/female age groups.

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-n...ts/Guide 5- Physical Readiness Test 2016.pdf

Carina

Ahhh geeez, this stuff is starting to stress me out. I've seen SO MUCH conflicting information when it comes to the PRT standards and what is actually acceptable. I also heard the in-PFT was done on a normal track, not a cross country trail. I was looking at this link...beginning on page 19 for specific standards for male/female age groups.

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/support/21st_Century_Sailor/physical/Documents/Guide 5- Physical Readiness Test 2016.pdf
Yes that link is accurate to pass a Navy PRT! But it looks like API has its own standard to pass you, just like a one time thing I guess. After that you just follow your regular PRT chart in that link you have based on yr sexy and age.
Maybe Rufio can confirm if that API link is accurate...

jpham89

ProRec Y SNFO
Contributor
My suggestion for anyone who wants to get their run time faster is to start doing 3 miles or more. It doesn't matter how slow you are but as long as you're able to stick through the entire 3 or more miles, you'll be fine. When I was training for the PFT in the Marines, we would constantly run non-stop. This is especially useful for the months leading up to it. Once you build that endurance for a 3, you'll have no problem pushing yourself further the day of your PRT for a 1.5. The day if your test you're going to be pumped with adrenaline and the fear of losing so that'll give you extra juice to faster as well!

And don't aim for the minimum! Aim for that first class!

Angel17

My suggestion for anyone who wants to get their run time faster is to start doing 3 miles or more. It doesn't matter how slow you are but as long as you're able to stick through the entire 3 or more miles, you'll be fine. When I was training for the PFT in the Marines, we would constantly run non-stop. This is especially useful for the months leading up to it. Once you build that endurance for a 3, you'll have no problem pushing yourself further the day of your PRT for a 1.5. The day if your test you're going to be pumped with adrenaline and the fear of losing so that'll give you extra juice to faster as well!

And don't aim for the minimum! Aim for that first class!
I agree with the 3 mile training method. If you can stick it out for the 3 miles you'll be fine with 1 1/2 miles. I've always averaged 10:30 on my 1.5 mile mark on my PFT.