• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

11JUL17 Pilot/NFO board

Miknairb

Pro rec is a professional recommendation (yes or no) from the board that convenes and evaluates your packet. If you are pro rec yes, you will eventually get FINSEL (final select letter) with your OCS date and at that point you will swear in.

Active duty people have already found out their answer via their online portal. For the rest of us civilians, we could find out anytime- likely sooner rather than later. The gouge from RUFiO is that we will find out this afternoon.
Technically, he said "Tuesday," so it could be next week...

Have your OR get you in touch with an OHARP who's waiting to class up flight school or some other class. He or she probably knows or has one hanging around.
Question on OHARP, does it have to be the closest recruiting station to your permanent address or can you request to do it elsewhere?

Carina

Question on OHARP, does it have to be the closest recruiting station to your permanent address or can you request to do it elsewhere?
I hope not. because I am sending my son to NY with my mom and when husband deploys we are getting rid of the apartment, so I really hope Thats not the case. I would love to Oharp with my son. But I guess the Navy is always going to save money on BAH (if they pay that at all) so I doubt they will allow you to go to Hawaii just because (one of the highest BAH).

Results should be out soon. NRC needs 5 pilots and 8 NFOs to ship to the 6 August OCS class so assuming you have a clearance and PROREC'd for Pilot or NFO be ready to ship soon.
giphy.gif

1AO_MR_GRAY

Fly High, Fly Fast.
At risk of being injured at OCS or needing to leave for any reason, and as someone who was medically disqualified just before commissioning but after already leaving my last job, I think it's smart not to burn bridges.
Exactly, Its a great job. I don't want to lose the chance to come back later or just incase.
Plus, its common courtesy to give a notice of some sort instead of just saying bye one day.