• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

11JUL17 Pilot/NFO board

ZaneDart

Welcome. Late to the party, huh?

Good luck
I guess the saying that it's "better late than never" applies here. It has been a very busy last six months. I did more medical tests to prove that I am completely healthy since January than I have done in the last six years.

bmoore17

Hey everyone! I'm a new member here at airwarriors and have been following this thread to see how everyone does. I'm a junior in college and hoping to submit a packet sometime in the near future. Just wanted to reach out and say good luck to everyone as the board meets soon. I'm sure it's been a stressful process but worth the wait.

DONOSAURU5REX

pilot
Hey everyone! I'm a new member here at airwarriors and have been following this thread to see how everyone does. I'm a junior in college and hoping to submit a packet sometime in the near future. Just wanted to reach out and say good luck to everyone as the board meets soon. I'm sure it's been a stressful process but worth the wait.
Thanks! You are right about the stress that's for sure. What's your major? GPA?

bmoore17

Thanks! You are right about the stress that's for sure. What's your major? GPA?
I'm Mechanical Engineering with a 2.64 right now. With the classes I have left I should be able to get that up to a 2.9 by the time I graduate. I'll be sure to study my butt off for the ASTB to hopefully outweigh the GPA.

DONOSAURU5REX

pilot
I'm Mechanical Engineering with a 2.64 right now. With the classes I have left I should be able to get that up to a 2.9 by the time I graduate. I'll be sure to study my butt off for the ASTB to hopefully outweigh the GPA.
Very nice major! Somehting so technical will help with your lower GPA just make sure that you keep it above 2.5 or you may not qualify. The higher the better though. Do you have any flight experience?

Last edited:

bmoore17

Very nice major! Just make sure that you get it above 2.8 or you may not qualify. Do you have any flight experience?
Thank you! I do not have any flight experience. I've been reading mixed reviews on here from people saying it looks good to others saying it doesn't factor much because it can develop bad habits in comparison to the Navy.

DONOSAURU5REX

pilot
Thank you! I do not have any flight experience. I've been reading mixed reviews on here from people saying it looks good to others saying it doesn't factor much because it can develop bad habits in comparison to the Navy.
You're not wrong there. I would at least reccommend you do an Introductory Flight at a GA airport around you. They will take you up in a cessna or something similar and give you the stick for 30-60 minutes. It is a good way to determine if this is really something you will enjoy.

bmoore17

You're not wrong there. I would at least reccommend you do an Introductory Flight at a GA airport around you. They will take you up in a cessna or something similar and give you the stick for 30-60 minutes. It is a good way to determine if this is really something you will enjoy.
That sounds like a great idea. Thanks a lot for the pointer.

Demi Durkin

OCS Applicant
I guess the saying that it's "better late than never" applies here. It has been a very busy last six months. I did more medical tests to prove that I am completely healthy since January than I have done in the last six years.

No kidding! And I'm sure I have more on the way. If I never get blood drawn again, it will be too soon.

Layke1123

• APPLYING: SNA/SNFO
  • B.A.: Computer Science, Baylor May 2013
  • GPA: 3.75
  • OAR: 66
  • ASTE: 8/8/7
  • PRIOR ENL: USN AT3
  • INTERVIEWS: O-5, O-4, O-3
  • LORs: O-5 USNR Retired, O-5, Congressman in House
  • BOARD: 11 July 2017, first try
  • PROREC: TBD
  • FINSEL: TBD
  • OCS DATE: TBD
A little late to the party but I'm here. Hurry up and wait is killing me this time around and I'm used to it. XD

Centurion57

• Applying: SNA
  • B.S.: Aeronautical Science @ ERAU
  • GPA: 3.86
  • OAR: 60
  • ASTB: 8/7/7
  • LOR: O-4 USNR, Scout Masters
  • BOARD: 11 Jul 2017, first attempt
  • PROREC: TBD
  • FINSEL: TBD
  • OCS DATE: TBD
Also pretty late to start posting here, but I thought I'd start now. Better late than never I guess. First time applying, hopefully results get out soon after the 11th. Good luck to everyone!

Angel17

Good luck to everyone, I know it's random but we all have a lot riding on this. I look forward to seeing who gets it in the near future and congratulating them hopefully along with myself. Personally, I'm separating from the Marine Corps and start my terminal leave August 6th with an EAS of Sep 16th so this board is going to make or break me. I've done everything I can and it's submitted so that's what I tell myself, it's in Gods hand at this point.

RocketManDom

Good luck to everyone, I know it's random but we all have a lot riding on this. I look forward to seeing who gets it in the near future and congratulating them hopefully along with myself. Personally, I'm separating from the Marine Corps and start my terminal leave August 6th with an EAS of Sep 16th so this board is going to make or break me. I've done everything I can and it's submitted so that's what I tell myself, it's in Gods hand at this point.

Right on brother! I'm with you.. I've done my best and given it up to Him. Good luck to you as well! I've got a feeling there will be a high selection rate this go around.. wishful thinking I suppose! Ether way.. fingers crossed!