• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

11JUL17 Pilot/NFO board

jpham89

ProRec Y SNFO
Contributor
A DWI on my record. Everything was settled and paid before I ever joined the Navy and no damage to property or people, but I'm sure that dinged me in addition to my age. Like I said though maybe next time and if not with the Navy, I'll fly somehow somewhere lol.

There's always the ARMY........... :)

DONOSAURU5REX

pilot
So on BOL or Bupers (possibly the same thing) can you check other applicants status or just your own ? I'm in the Marines and I have no access to any of this, even with CAC.
BOL is Bupers Online so you're right that it's the same thing. Unfortunately, it only posts for you and won't show you any other results.

Carina

I volunteer with Army guys out of Jackson and McEntire that are always trying to sell me on WOFT... It isn't the worst deal, if Navy hands you an "N."
also someone on the last board, I believe (you can check the thread), got a table and then a No. But he was happy the Air Force gave him a Yes to fly :)

Game of Thrones is on tonight, watch that to take your mind off things haha.
Can't watch it until next week. I'm staying off Facebook and Reddit to avoid spoilers, but I'll be heavily lurking this thread for obvious reasons so please for the love of god, no spoilers.

Triumph4life

@RUFiO181 or @NavyOffRec maybe I'm just an idiot, but I've gone through the 1420 looking for anywhere that it says you have to wait 6 months after a non-select.
From what I read "Applicants that are non-selected are able to ask for reconsideration of their application if they are within 6 months of the original non-select."
Later is states a new application must be submitted if the original non-selection occurred over 6 months ago.
So am I correct in assuming that me applying back to back was not the factor in this non-selection?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
@RUFiO181 or @NavyOffRec maybe I'm just an idiot, but I've gone through the 1420 looking for anywhere that it says you have to wait 6 months after a non-select.
From what I read "Applicants that are non-selected are able to ask for reconsideration of their application if they are within 6 months of the original non-select."
Later is states a new application must be submitted if the original non-selection occurred over 6 months ago.
So am I correct in assuming that me applying back to back was not the factor in this non-selection?

The Navy Recruiting Manual (for Officer) trumps the OPNAV and in there it states the six month rule. In the event you make significant improvements you can apply sooner. The "significant" improvements is vague since there's no clear cut definition, but getting a masters degree, boosting GPA, boosting ASTB are prime examples.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

What RUFIO said, and if you didn't change any of those things that could be why you were a N.

It's Officially "next week". I'm really hoping for some good news as I turned down an Army Warrant slot, quality of life and being a Naval officer trumped the sure thing. I bet on myself and the Navy needing NFO's. HaHa good luck to all the other not active duty guys and the remaining Devil this week .