• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

11AUG2024 OCS CLASS

dk64

Hi! Excited to meet everyone. Got a yes in BOL for NFO. Still waiting to hear from CO. Is anyone else waiting to hear more than what was put out on Bupers?

no_more_nuke_life

Hey guys. Active duty ETN1 here selected for NFO. Currently on recruiting duty. Looking forward to meeting people. 👍🏻
Goodjob on escaping the Nuke life. Super happy for you. Can you post your stats?
There's not enough anecdotes of Nukes escaping to non-nuke officers. Especially while active duty.

no_more_nuke_life

What do you mean by stats?
On here, it means a broad range of info, which you can choose to reveal if you want.

But usually (especially for current active duty):

School, degree, GPA
OAR/ASTB
Time on Service
How many waivers, if any
Letters of rec/certs

If you click on my profile, I think you should be able to see mine. This way if any other nuke wants to see if there are any previous nukes that escaped, they can find it.

Bchamb95

SNA applicant
Hey y'all, took 8 months but finally got my OCS date for SNA and will be there with y'all.

Hoping to find a house/flatmate for our time in Pensacola, heard there's a 3ish month wait right now. Currently in Dallas, I'd like to go to CC(Corpus) for my training, but I'm excited to check out Pensacola to see if it's worth staying there for all the flight schools.

Undergrad -chemical engineering
Masters- biomedical engineering with a thesis/multiple publications on a Martian life support device I helped design.
GPA 3.8
OAR -58
ASTB 7/7/7 (should've studied more, but still instant qual) didn't need LORs but I had 3, 2 from active duty members, one from my graduate advisor.

I'm coming in with no prior service or flight experience, had to get LASIK on my own dime before they would let me in.

Currently, they are accepting civilian doctor's results on depth perception, good news if they screw up your test at MEPS like they did mine and so many others. They are also approving LASIK waivers way quicker now, my OR told me it was a new admiral that is pushing through LASIK SNA packages without waiting for 2+months of vision stability (or 6 months for the no waiver)

IF you're someone who wants SNA but have uncorrectable vision worse than 20/100, don't give up. I got LASIK financed for 0% over 24 months and my recruiter got me the SNA no problems. It's worth the 130$ a month!

mmandziak

Hey y'all, took 8 months but finally got my OCS date for SNA and will be there with y'all.

Hoping to find a house/flatmate for our time in Pensacola, heard there's a 3ish month wait right now. Currently in Dallas, I'd like to go to CC(Corpus) for my training, but I'm excited to check out Pensacola to see if it's worth staying there for all the flight schools.

Masters- biomedical engineering with a thesis/multiple publications on a Martian life support device I helped design.
GPA 3.8
OAR -58
ASTB 7/7/7 (should've studied more, but still instant qual) didn't need LORs but I had 3, 2 from active duty members, one from my graduate advisor.

I'm coming in with no prior service or flight experience, had to get LASIK on my own dime before they would let me in.

Currently, they are accepting civilian doctor's results on depth perception, good news if they screw up your test at MEPS like they did mine and so many others. They are also approving LASIK waivers way quicker now, my OR told me it was a new admiral that is pushing through LASIK SNA packages without waiting for 2+months of vision stability (or 6 months for the no waiver)

IF you're someone who wants SNA but have uncorrectable vision worse than 20/100, don't give up. I got LASIK financed for 0% over 24 months and my recruiter got me the SNA no problems. It's worth the 130$ a month!
I am not in this class, but I do have a question for you. I just got lasik a month ago, I'm seeing 20/15 with no complications and stable vision. I don't even have dry eyes. Do I still need to wait 6 months to apply for a waiver?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I am not in this class, but I do have a question for you. I just got lasik a month ago, I'm seeing 20/15 with no complications and stable vision. I don't even have dry eyes. Do I still need to wait 6 months to apply for a waiver?

Your recruiter may be able to submit the paperwork, but you probably will have to wait the 4-6 months.

Bchamb95

SNA applicant
Hey there, so like I said in my post, I JUST did the LASIK waiver. My recruiter submitted my paperwork and it got approved less than 1 month post operation. You may get a delayed entry, but with a waiver before this new expedited waiver process, you only needed 2 1-month post opp appointments to get the waiver. Waiting 6+ months after LASIK actually bypasses a waiver entirely now.

Talk to your recruiter, you likely can get your package pushed through now. It took my recruiter 1 week after the new Admiral started greasing the gears on LASIK waivers.

This is of course just going off what my recruiter has told me, and my personal experience with the LASIK / vision waiver.

Bchamb95

SNA applicant
Your recruiter may be able to submit the paperwork, but you probably will have to wait the 4-6 months.
My procedure was early May, so 3 months for me, and we tried getting me into the June classes, but they were full.

There's some hustle in the process now due to the pilot shortage I think. My recruiter specifically mentioned that a new admiral put out orders to get the ball rolling on LASIK waivers, and that he was told directly by his chain of command to resubmit my package and 2 other SNAs waiting on LASIK. The other two got June classes, I pulled the short straw and got the longer wait for August.

This could be a temporary change for all I know and I lucked out. But it's good news for current SNA applicants.

Praying4Pilot

SNA Selectee

GPA 3.8
OAR -58

Welcome and congratulations!

P&H04202024

Hey everyone, excited to meet y’all here soon. I’m making a career switch into the Navy and was selected for NFO - never have served before, so I’m looking forward to learning and growing together.