• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1001 questions (and answers) concerning BDCP

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
What Grand said...your processor should setup a time for you to go and get your ID, or if you live close enough to a base and have your copy of your orders you can simply go down and get it (make an appointment to get through quicker). If you don't go and get your ID (and get entered into DEERS at that point) they won't show you in the system. Also, you won't have any access to mypay or to Tricare - I had to wait until I got my ID and later my wife's ID before we could get our Tricare setup and I could change my direct deposit through mypay, etc. I swore in last December and it took until the summer for me to finally figure out what all needed to be done and fix these same issues you're talking about.

So figure out where you need to go to get your ID made, and at that point you'll get entered into DEERS and you shouldn't have any other issues at this point. Let us know if you need any other info too, it's a learning process for all of us.

SC-NY-88

FNG
None
My processor is working on getting me into DEERS... There are several RAPIDS locations near-by, however they tell me I need to be in the system before I get my ID, and from what I hear on here I need my ID card to get into the system...tell me this isn't a government operation haha. We will see what tomorrow brings, processor is working dilligently (sp?) on solving the issue, I just hope it isn't something silly like they have the wrong SSN or something.

NTX, if it takes me as long as it took you, I'll be at OCS and it will be moot anyway haha, but yeah, I'd like to check my LES and iron out the healthcare plan & insurance etc. before OCS, not to mention take advantage of the exchage :D

NTXRockr

It obviously shouldn't take that long, but I too had everyone tell me opposites that whole time. Finally I just went and made an appointment and got the ID, which they then setup my profile in DEERS, added my email address to access mypay, and then the next time after doing the same routine with my wife we went to the local Tricare office and set her up for insurance, etc. I'm lucky in that I have a major base nearby (ok, a Joint Reserve Base, but still...) to go to, and it wasn't too much of a waste of time, but still it could have been much easier if the correct information was given when asked the first times. Granted, the government doesn't work this way, but it seems most don't know what the BDCP is or how it works, even the recruiters and processors sometimes. I guess it's part of getting used the life of working for Uncle Sam.

jraychevelle

Does any one know of a list of the majors that the nave considers tech and non tech for the BDCP program?
I am considering criminal justice but would like to make sure that I can get picked up for the BDCP program....
Thanks

Lucy

Tech majors are math, hard sciences( physics,.chem etc.) And engineering. CJ is not. However, pick a major you enjoy because doing poorly in a tech major is not better than doing good in a non-tech major.

Afterburner209

Good muster guys.
1st - BDCP is Active Duty
2nd - Deers before Mypay. Took me 1-2 months and I received all back pay with the first two checks.
3rd- CJ isnt the best but it will work, I had the most useless major in the world and got picked up my first time around. Human Communication.

OnTopTime

ROBO TACCO
None
Just to clear it up, you get paid on the zip code where you are living at, not where your school is.

Wrong.

Navy Baccalaureate Degree Completion Program (BDCP)
If you are interested in taking on a high-level management position immediately after graduation, look into the BDCP. It offers up to $169,700 while finishing your degree, providing a regular monthly income ranging from $2,575 to $4,700 for up to three years prior to your graduation. That includes a generous military salary, a food allowance, plus a housing allowance that is based upon the location of the school you attend. You’ll also enjoy comprehensive military health-care benefits – with no uniforms, no drilling requirements, and no service obligation until you graduate.

http://www.navy.com/navy/joining/education-opportunities/undergraduate.html

OnTopTime

ROBO TACCO
None
Personally my BAH was for the zip code of my NRD, not my home, not my school.

Doesn't surprise me based on a number of the posts here. Sounds like a data entry exercise that's not very well trained to and/or monitored.

So unless the BAH for your NRD's zip code was exactly the same as for the school's, you were either overpaid or underpaid.

NTXRockr

Actually mine is the same way, based on the NRD instead of my school's zip. Asked whether it was supposed to be one or the other, and they said that it was the same for both zips but all of the collegiates use the NRD zip as their duty station. Whether it's right or wrong, it's what I've been told is done for everyone. Now for those guys that are losing $300-500/month, I'd be getting the issue straightened out quick...

Afterburner209

Good muster guys.
NRD San Fransisco I believe has one of the highest BAH in the country. I brought it up once and when I was told not to worry about it, I had no problem listening.

efini_kid

probably a dumb question, but Im going to ask it anyways.

I am a bit unsure of how fiscal years work and this is a hypothetical situation:

If I were to put my ocs package together in the July 2012, attend OCS later that fall and graduate/commission in say, November 2012. Would I be considered a part of fiscal year 12 or fiscal year 13. I know the years change over in October, But are you a part of the year in which you commission or your package is put in for review?

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
probably a dumb question, but Im going to ask it anyways.

I am a bit unsure of how fiscal years work and this is a hypothetical situation:

If I were to put my ocs package together in the July 2012, attend OCS later that fall and graduate/commission in say, November 2012. Would I be considered a part of fiscal year 12 or fiscal year 13. I know the years change over in October, But are you a part of the year in which you commission or your package is put in for review?

Commission.