• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1001 questions (and answers) concerning BDCP

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
This interests me. I'm 21 now, and I've never been dumb, but because MICs/MIPs are so commonplace around here, I figured that it would be kinda like a traffic ticket. At worst I figured there would be an angry meeting with the recruiter and/or CO.

Wildcat, what are you even asking this for? As far as I know you guys don't know how to drink :icon_smil

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
The charge alone is conduct unbecoming, and they can hold that to you. Separation or boot camp likely. Being honest with your OR asap could maybe save you pending everything being dropped and lots of paperwork. Either way, you have to use judgment and wise decisions to who, where and what you do with you buddies. If your not 21 don't, if you are.... get a damn cab.

navy09

None
UA Alum here... "Hypothetically speaking," if you got it in the dorms from the RAs it's not an actual legal charge though they may try to make it out that way. If I were you, I wouldn't say anything about it to your OR- just do the diversion program and be done with it. It will never appear on any criminal record.

If you got it from TPD or UAPD, different story. It's a real life, no shit arrest (cite and release type). Even if you go through the diversion- which should be available if it's your first MIP- it will still never be "expunged," "erased," or "dismissed" as they claim. Highly recommend against "your friend" trying to cover it up.

BUDU

I really don't feel like finding out what happens--though I had always been a little curious as to how the Navy would react. But either way...you have no idea how interesting and entertaining it is to be the only sober person in a fraternity house on a weekend. :)

acwildcat

pilot
UA Alum here... "Hypothetically speaking," if you got it in the dorms from the RAs it's not an actual legal charge though they may try to make it out that way. If I were you, I wouldn't say anything about it to your OR- just do the diversion program and be done with it. It will never appear on any criminal record.

If you got it from TPD or UAPD, different story. It's a real life, no shit arrest (cite and release type). Even if you go through the diversion- which should be available if it's your first MIP- it will still never be "expunged," "erased," or "dismissed" as they claim. Highly recommend against "your friend" trying to cover it up.

Lol I know how it sounds but I was actually talking to someone about partying and they asked what would happen if I were to get an MIP and I had no idea. I figured it would probably involve getting the boot (camp) but ya I was just curious.

Picaroon please reference the following website :icon_smil http://www.playboyu.com/playboy-party-schools

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
I really don't feel like finding out what happens--though I had always been a little curious as to how the Navy would react. But either way...you have no idea how interesting and entertaining it is to be the only sober person in a fraternity house on a weekend. :)

HAHA, Yes I do. As a fraternity president and with our risk management policies. I am sober every party even though I am 21, and yes very amusing to say the least.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Best case: lots of ass-pain and forgiveness.

Worse case: you go to bootcamp to serve out your enlisted contract.

Want to try it out and see?

docwaring

Pro Rec'd BDCP/SNA
Yes and very easy. Fill out a little form and you're done.

I don't know how it works in BDCP, but the in the REAL Navy, there are places that you aren't allowed to go, so that is the first question, and it isn't called a form. It is a Leave or Special Request Chit. It looks like this http://www.unl.edu/nrotc/Nc3065.pdf
Now, again, that's the real Navy. I have yet to find out what BDCP is like, but I will soon!

And yeah, my summers are going to be full of taking care of my 2 little boys and going to 12+ credit hours worth of class.

Are you really sure that you get summers off, free and clear? That sounds so unlike the Navy that I know.:icon_smil

RussBow6

There's no matching for TSP for active duty military. Treat it like an extra investment account in addition to a Roth IRA. TSP shouldn't be compared to a 401(k) with matching.

if your in the military what are your options for something with matching?

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
I don't know how it works in BDCP, but the in the REAL Navy, there are places that you aren't allowed to go, so that is the first question, and it isn't called a form. It is a Leave or Special Request Chit. It looks like this http://www.unl.edu/nrotc/Nc3065.pdf
Now, again, that's the real Navy. I have yet to find out what BDCP is like, but I will soon!

And yeah, my summers are going to be full of taking care of my 2 little boys and going to 12+ credit hours worth of class.

Are you really sure that you get summers off, free and clear? That sounds so unlike the Navy that I know.:icon_smil
Damn man you're so high speed low drag :icon_tong

And yeah that's the form I fill out every time I go to Mexico. Yeah, my recruiter calls it a chit, but I see the word form at the top and my mostly-civilian brain doesn't really know what "chit" means.

Unless you're really fast-tracking your way to OCS, if you're in BDCP I'd recommend spending the summers relaxing. Yes, we get our summers off. Why not get paid to be with those kids all the time you want?

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
if your in the military what are your options for something with matching?

None. The gov't won't match, primarily due to the fact that if you stay in 20 active, you'll get 1/2 your base pay. That's a lot better than contributing to a 401(k) in the civilian sector.

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.

Ditto on this for me - the school, that is. I'm taking 14 hours of accelerated foreign language as they changed the requirements across the university, and then I also have a 2 week course at the beginning of the summer. So 17 hours, not too bad...

I plan on taking a cruise on Spring Break, and a trip to the condo in Cabo at the end of the summer. Other than that, I can take a trip when I'm out of OCS and waiting in line for API, Primary, etc. I for one would rather get into the pipeline as an O-1 in flight school than another 6 months waiting for your chance. Plus during the wait you're getting O-1 pay and not E-3 or E-5 pay, more money to pay for your toys and excursions and, oh yeah, bills too.

But if you have the chance to take a summer off, I'd go backpacking across Europe for a month, spend a few weeks on the beach, something that you really enjoy doing.

navy09

None

If you're going pilot, you'll have 10 looong years to embrace the "relative" suck that is active duty (compared to college life)....enjoy the summers off man.