• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

100 in A-Pool to be attrited via inspections? YGTBSM!

Aggie08

IFS complete, starting API June 26!
He said he needs to get rid of 100 from A-pool, and so each cut at inspection equals a pink slip, and the first 100 to get 3 pink slips are gone. And thanks sooner, but I didn't mean shut down the commissioning sources. I meant there are some december grads who have yet to report but are soon on their way, thus in the pool that needs to get rid of 100. If you are gonna downsize, downsize the ones that you DIDN'T already spend thousands to move to Pensacola.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I meant there are some december grads who have yet to report but are soon on their way, thus in the pool that needs to get rid of 100. If you are gonna downsize, downsize the ones that you DIDN'T already spend thousands to move to Pensacola.

But you see, that would make way too much sense :) Seriously though, this problem has been a long time coming IMHO. When my senior class selected back in fall of '05 they were already giving out SNA/FO slots like they were candy. I had 3 classmates who didn't even list aviation in their top 2, and they were picked up anyway.....one of them got SNA and didn't even list aviation at all (and had neither taken the ASTB nor passed a flight physical) :eek: From everything I have seen, this has continued since then, and was happening even before that. Perhaps "they" were predicting something that didn't happen, or more likely, there is a reason for this beyond our ENS/JG level of comprehension. I do know that most of the IP's I have talked to in the advanced VT have said that the VT's aren't pumping out new aviators nearly fast enough for the demand. Something to think about...

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
But you see, that would make way too much sense :) Seriously though, this problem has been a long time coming IMHO. When my senior class selected back in fall of '05 they were already giving out SNA/FO slots like they were candy. I had 3 classmates who didn't even list aviation in their top 2, and they were picked up anyway.....one of them got SNA and didn't even list aviation at all :eek: From everything I have seen, this has continued since then, and was happening even before that. Perhaps "they" were predicting something that didn't happen, or more likely, there is a reason for this beyond our ENS/JG level of comprehension. I do know that most of the IP's I have talked to in the advanced VT have said that the VT's aren't pumping out new aviators nearly fast enough for the demand. Something to think about...

See MIDNJAC makes more sense...don't even give out the slots. It's better to stop it at the source then to tell some dude who gets a chance at his dream and then gets told "well sorry".

Or

Make it harder to commission. You should at least be given enough rope to choke yourself if you do get commissioned and selected for a pilot/nfo slot.

That's all I will say. I don't have a dog in this fight, I was just commenting on Aggies short sightedness.

Aggie08

I'm just going to enjoy my weekend and go the route of "surely they won't send a third of us home". Ignorance is bliss!

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I'm just going to enjoy my weekend and go the route of "surely they won't send a third of us home". Ignorance is bliss!

They're not going to, at least for this. Go get a handle of bourbon from the NEX while you are there getting your uniform items and refrain from hunting things like spotted owls or humpback wales and you will be just fine :)

zoomie08

Fast, Neat, Average...
Maybe this is one of those times they should raise the min passing score in API from 80% to 86% (I would say 85% but there are 50 questions on the tests...) or even 90%. I heard that it had been done in the past. And, I heard mention that it was coming back.

Aggie08

What the heck are "core frames"??? :confused:

Good question! I've seen many different spellings: corframs, corfams, chloroframs, chlorofams, corframes......anyone know the truth?

BTW I thought you were being sarcastic and making fun of his spelling, but if not, he's talking about the shiny shoes.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Good question! I've seen many different spellings: corframs, corfams, chloroframs, chlorofams, corframes......anyone know the truth?

BTW I thought you were being sarcastic and making fun of his spelling, but if not, he's talking about the shiny shoes.

Either way, buy leather and make em shine. Nothing says lazy like ^^ IMHO.

Aggie08

Agreed! I think having a nice spit shine on my leathers this morning may have saved me!

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
Well, just got back from the afternoon inspection. It turns out 6 or 7 people didn't even show up. So in the LT's eyes, that counts as 3 automatic pink sheets and they are going to be sent to a board. Overall, I think there were 3 or 4 of us who have to get their pink sheet Monday from him. Luckily my inspection went really quick, it seemed like he didn't glance over my uniform too much as I was able to make him laugh while he was inspecting me.

RunninUte

Ute Nation
So us wondering minds, or least mine want to know how the re-inspection went at 1400 to all you guys that got to go back. Details man! ^^^^^^

Edit: Sweet timing

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
By the way, did any of the winged posters here do their primary at Vance? I could end this whole madness for myself right now by volunteering for Vance and getting out of A-Pool pretty quick. Since nobody wants to go to Vance, if you volunteer, you can set up your own class-up date.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I went there...sounds like A Pool is training a whole new batch of Vance-ees! A pool is the pre-k to vance's kindergarten games. I liked the plane though, do a search on vance and you'll find a fairly long post on the ups and downs of the place from yours truly.