• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

100 in A-Pool to be attrited via inspections? YGTBSM!

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Ok, so you fail an inspection and get a pink sheet. You can get 2 more just in API alone and still make it.....not to mention the dozens you could potentially get in primary and STILL not attrite. You can thank MPTS.....a pink sheet is not going to end your party. I know guys who got pinks for equally retarded things in A-pool/IFS/API and are still here

Bevo16

pilot
Everyone needs to stop bitching.....

Play the game. If your ribbons are fucked up - replace them. If your cover is cockeyed - fix it. This too will pass.

No shit. Get off the fucking computer, get your ass to the exchange and buy some new ribbons/covers/pants.

Are you guys mistaking a "pink sheet" for a "pink slip". One goes in your training jacket, the other means you are fired. Nobody is going to get seperated from the Navy for a scratch on an Ensign bar. Come on fellas, chill out a little bit. Play the game.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
You guys are not far enough out of OCS to be this ignorant. They TELL you they are getting rid of 100 guys from A pool. I sincerely doubt they are going to do this through uniform inspections.

Don't you recall something to the effect of "Pushup positon now! First 3 people who touch their knees to the deck are going home!"

or "Start moving! First person to stop is going home!"

They played this same scare-tactic at OCS. It's just that. Get your ass in gear, and show them you deserve it, but I sincerely doubt they are going to give 100 ENS a story of how they got kicked out of the navy over a loose IP. ;)

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
No shit. Get off the fucking computer, get your ass to the exchange and buy some new ribbons/covers/pants.

Are you guys mistaking a "pink sheet" for a "pink slip". One goes in your training jacket, the other means you are fired. Nobody is going to get seperated from the Navy for a scratch on an Ensign bar. Come on fellas, chill out a little bit. Play the game.
Pink sheet/pink slip, whatever the one that goes in your training jacket I guess. I bought new ribbons, bars and a belt for safe measure. We'll see this afternoon if they really do hand them out like he said he would, otherwise, I guess I have been played.

Sky-Pig

Retired Cryptologic Warfare / Naval Flight Officer
None
You know what that makes you? Lollygaggers!

Relax.

All I can think of is the scene from Bull Durham when the coach is complaining to Crash about how he can't seem to motivate the players.

And all Crash says is "Scare 'em. They're kids...scare 'em."

So 4 studs screw up in a media-friendly fashion...butts were chewed up and down the chain of command (or did you think only O-1's were getting lit up over this situation?)...and something had to be done.

And what scares and annoys non-winged aviation wannabe JOs more than anything else? Threaten your career and make you square away your uniform during formation.

Finally, remember one of the other Laws of JOPA Thermodynamics...Applying heat to JOs take energy and time.

Most instructors are short of both...so deal with it properly (ie fix your uniform discrepancies etc...) and over time it will abate.

Just don't screw up anything else in the meantime.

phrogpilot73

Pink sheet/pink slip, whatever the one that goes in your training jacket I guess. I bought new ribbons, bars and a belt for safe measure. We'll see this afternoon if they really do hand them out like he said he would, otherwise, I guess I have been played.
No, you have not been played. A uniform inspection is just that - a uniform inspection. Up until the day I got out, I had inspection ready stuff tucked away that I never wore/used. Why? Just in case. Now that I'm a reservist? Yeah, not so much - they're lucky I show up most days...

What they are likely trying to do is remind you all of the fact that you are commissioned officers in the military, and are EXPECTED to conduct yourselves in an appropriate manner. One way to remind you is by ensuring that your uniform is perfect. Kind of knock you back to OCS/ROTC/Academy and remind you that just because that part of your life is over, it doesn't mean you can forget everything you learned there.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Kind of knock you back to OCS/ROTC/Academy and remind you that just because that part of your life is over, it doesn't mean you can forget everything you learned there.
THIS. You won't be able to braindump flight school when you get your wings, either.

phrogpilot73

THIS. You won't be able to braindump flight school when you get your wings, either.
Or what you learn in the FRS, or the fleet, etc..

It's safe to say that about the only thing you can really braindump at this point in your life is most of college...

lewisville1863

The real truth is that the NEX has been experiencing low sales volume for the past few weeks, so they asked all commands to help out in any way.

fox2mike

The real truth is that the NEX has been experiencing low sales volume for the past few weeks, so they asked all commands to help out in any way.

Ha! I believe it. Just for poops and giggles, I swung by the NEX after the inspection to see what kind of stuff Ensigns were flocking to buy (I shouldn't talk though, I spent $75 on new core frames and insignia yesterday). They were completely out of ensign bars and had like two officer belt buckles left. Not too many pizza stains left either.

Aggie08

IFS complete, starting API June 26!
I was there this morning too. On one hand, I can't believe they would actually send a third of us home after paying so much to get us here! They should call the people who have yet to report and just tell them to stay home. More economical.

On the other hand, I can't believe the LT would really lie and say 100 of us have to go when we don't. He's not a bullshit/games type of guy. Plus, we would notice if a third of the people didn't leave...

Someone who had to go back this afternoon let us know how it went.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I was there this morning too. On one hand, I can't believe they would actually send a third of us home after paying so much to get us here! They should call the people who have yet to report and just tell them to stay home. More economical.

Yeah, shut down ROTC, OCS and other commissioning sources while you square your shit away...:confused: Aggie economics..:sleep_125
So you're one of those "as long as it's not me" types? It's not up to you to decide that. How about you go home and help get that surplus down? I guess you're more entitled to it than I or any other guy who is "yet to report"....

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
On the other hand, I can't believe the LT would really lie and say 100 of us have to go when we don't. He's not a bullshit/games type of guy. Plus, we would notice if a third of the people didn't leave...

He probably wasn't lying....we were told similar things in the VT's recently. The point is that there is a percentage of you all who will not make it past API even without getting into trouble. If they need to "get rid" of 100 studs, there will be a good amount who attrite/DOR/NPQ even without extreme measures from the NASC staff. Throw in a few more drunken incidents and months of A-pool and who knows...they very well may get their 100 guys/gals. Also, did he say that they need to kick 100 out of A-pool/API, or that the TRACOM just needs to eliminate 100 from the current batch of studs? There could be a difference