• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

10 June 2006

auquaman

Probably treat myself to the grand Super 8 as well, given the Navy lodge will be overflowing as usual. Feel free to hunt me down there and we can go ask Sam Adams for some final advice. (but not a lot) BTW, I'm pretty sure I am driving there at this point, anybody needs storage help just holler. Later poopies.

Brent McCammon

sardog

Hey everyone I will be in this class as well. I am under a SNFO contract. EXSAR I have a Friday checkin date as well Im a prior too, so I think you are right about our check in dates.

See all of you in Pcola,

Kevin

sundevil

Hey guys,

So I just swore in today and I met another guy who is going to be in our class. Our processor told us that we didnt, actually shouldnt, check in until Sunday. Apparently, if you check in on Saturday you are off the travel per diem and if they dont have a place for you to stay on base that night you have to pay for a hotel out of your pocket. He definitley seems to know what he's talking about and my orders say to check in between 1100 Sat and 1100 Sunday. Can anyone else verify this???

navyblue84

Yeah Doug that's right, my processor said the same thing..."just get a hotel for Saturday night and then report at about 1000 on Sunday." He said to be sure to keep my receipt and they'll reimburse me for the hotel bill. From what I've read here it looks like we have a later report time than the prior guys.

chasco80

Hey all,

I am stationed down here in Milton, Florida which is about 30 minutes from Pensacola. If you guys have questions about the area or anything I can do my best to answer them. It is hot and only getting hotter down here so be prepared. I will have my vehicle there and will help you guys out with storage that don't have cars. I know all the good places to eat if you guys want one last good meal before we take the leap of faith for 3 months. I do not know why the prior guys check in on Friday and civilians check in on Sunday, maybe they will tell us to go home, doubt it but who knows. Anyway look forward to seeing all of you there and if this is an aviation class that rocks because I have been aviation all my career and blackshoes are wierd, for all you civilians non-aviation navy wears black shoes and aviation E-7 and above wears tan shoes. In case you did not know. Take care and look forward to getting to know all of you.

UWCEC

Add one more to the class. We are going to be having one good time, fun in the sun. See everyone in 9 days.

Nate Cross

navyblue84

Alright so I know this is sort of premature to ask but I already have family and friends bugging me for some info....anyways I know there always exists that unforseen chance of rolling, but does anyone know for sure when Class 17-06's graduation will be??? I think they're held on a Friday and so 12 weeks from June 10 is September 1, 2006....is this our graduation date? Thanks guys!

Sabre170

None
Be afraid... very afraid.

The priors should not have that bad of a time, and they check in with everyone else - on Sunday morning. If you show up early the CandiOs will not have a clue what to do with you, and unless they finally found the stamp, they will not be able to stamp your orders. I recommend not being the first one there... wait until 1045, and don't be the tools that show up Saturday night to "look around". Have a good time and you will be surprised at hoe fast time at OCS goes by, unless you are "That Guy" who for some reason can't do anything right or on time.

sundevil

Hey Guys,

I posted this on the other OCS message board so forgive the redundancy. Todd and I had talked about some of us meeting up for breakfast Sunday morning before checking in. One other guy in our class also coming from Phoenix named Rob also wants to meet up. Any takers?

Doug

navyblue84

Count me in Doug! Also I've been messaging another one of our classmates named Liz, an SNA from San Diego, whose also going to be staying at the Super 8 and she thought it was a great idea too. If most of us are staying at or near the Super 8 in town we should meet somewhere near there...for us losers that'll be without cars! ;) At least that way when a good size group of us report together we can make all our stupid mistakes and look like idiots together! Anyone know of any good places to get our last decent meal for a while?! :D

Todd

auquaman

Sounds good. Looks like a lot of us are staying at the Super 8 (including me) so that would be a good place to meet up. If anyone needs a ride on to base, I have room for a couple people. Breakfast???? IHOP is close I think.
405-370-3137 if anyone wants to get ahold of me. Later.
Brent McCammon

chasco80

I live down here and will have room for one or 2 guys. My number is 850-384-8375 give me a call when and where you decide to meet up. I have talked with Brent a couple of times and we are going to drive in together on Friday, because we are E's and hopefully they will tell us to go home and come back on Sunday. Let me know when youn guys meet up for breakfast, there is a buch of fastfood right by the Super 8 and some other types of places to eat. I am pretty sure where we need to go to check in as well, I know the location of the OCS barracks, if check-in is there or another place I do not know. See you guys in a couple of days and if anyone wants to hang out when they get in let me know I will be hanging around. Later

Lee Chasco