• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

10 June 2006

navyblue84

Hey Everyone,
I just got my final select yesterday and found out my date for OCS is June 10 2006. Just wondering if anyone else has this class date as well? It'd be great to talk with some of you before we all head down there.

sundevil

Hey Guys I just got final select as SNA for this class as well. I can't believe how soon this is, but I guess I'll have time to get everything together to move. Have yall talked to a lot of people in our class?:D

twilson

Hey the candi O's said that class 17-06 has 40 in it. Start drinking some water, its hot down here!

auquaman

Good

Thats a good number. Not so little we are all getting killed, but not too many we can't get it together.

navyblue84

Finally!

Wow finally some classmates!!! I started this thread about a month ago and gave up on it because I didn't have any replies forever...but anyways it's great meeting all you guys! And you're right, 40 does seem like a good number. Just to pass on some info I got from my OPO...he told me to expect our class to be the 'aviation class.' He said this is because they're even bumping some non-aviation people so that they can cram in as many aviation guys as possible, since we'll be the last FY 06 graduating class. My recruiter said that I should expect at least 80% of Class 17-06 to be SNAs and SNFOs! Anyways that rocks if it's true! I'm pumped to meet all ya guys down there in less than 2 weeks. High 80's temperature is definitely going to be a shocker to me...it's been raining and in the 50's and low 60's here in Seattle for the past 2 weeks! Guess I should start working out wearing sweats and a coat or somthing. :icon_wink Anyways it's great meeting everyone, hope you all enjoy your last 12 days of freedom!

auquaman

You should be fine there Navyblue. You might be right about the class. From what I have seen, there are a lot of avation students attending this one. BTW. When is everyone checking in? and it sounds like we will not even start until Sunday? I plan on crossing the line sometime Friday afternoon.

Brent McCammon

navyblue84

Hey Brent nice to meet ya...in terms of when we should check in I've heard from a number of good sources to check in as late as possible...within reason. Both my LT OPO and the Ensign at NRD Seattle who graduated with Class 08-06 said to report on Sunday morning between 0900 and 1000. You've probably read on your orders that it says "No later than 1100 on Sunday." If you report massively early on Sunday than they'll just have fun and mess with you. My NRD is making my flight arrangements and they're not even having me fly in until Saturday night...so I'll probably be reporting at 1000 on Sunday. See ya there!

Todd

sundevil

Yeah, Ive heard that you shouldn't come in any earlier than an hour or so before 1100. I'm heading out from Arizona this Saturday to my hometown of Meridian, Ms (yes, THAT Meridian) for a few days and then head down the night before we have to report in. One of my best friends is getting married on the 10th and Im going to have to miss it. I know they warned us that we would miss out on a lot of family and friends events in the Navy, but the first day??? Gimme a break...:icon_tong oh well. Look forward to seeing yall down there.

Doug

auquaman

Bummer, my orders say check in on Friday. Guess Ill have to fill you in on Sunday morning.... Anyway, I think the prior guys have a different check in time.

navyblue84

Hey guys I wanted to know if anyone had any info on OCS policy toward cell phones, because I really want mine to update friends and family on the weekends. I've heard to keep them in your cars or locked in your locker and you'll be fine...but what about guys like me who have to fly and won't have a car down there. Do we just walk in with them in our bag? Won't they be taken away right on the spot when they go through my stuff? Any suggestions?

auquaman

Todd,

Anybody's guess at this point, but I would just play it by ear. You will likely run into somebody to hook you up with storage in their car. Don't know how or when, but I would'nt even think about keeping it in your locker. (not on the list) Safe bet is a phone card.

Brent

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
navyblue84 said:
Do we just walk in with them in our bag? Won't they be taken away right on the spot when they go through my stuff? Any suggestions?
Maybe rent a PO Box for 6 months ($20) and stick your phone in there or maybe even a safe deposit box. Or.....take the chance that the DI's will let you keep your phone.

navyblue84

Hey everyone thanks for the suggestions. Luckily Doug (a.k.a. sundevil) was nice enough to offer up his car to me to stash my cell phone. Thanks again Doug!

I was wondering if any of you guys wanted to meet up on Saturday night to eat? Just thought it's be cool to meet up and b.s. a little before we get started the next morning. Anyways just a suggestion, what do you guys think?

Also, just wondering which hotels are most of you guys staying at on Saturday night? I made a reservation at Super 8 NAS Corry.

See ya guys in nine days!

Todd