• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

Besides the obvious OAR/ASTB study books listed here and Khan Academy, what other study books strictly math based would be good to utilize to prepare?

I can't remember.. But, for the UAV portion of the test, will it go through all four "NSEW" directions for a given map before moving on to a new heading/map?

Hello. I'm wondering if anyone can help me understand whether I have a chance of getting accepted to OCS as a pilot. I just recently took the ASTB, and I'm waiting on my medical exam to come back. I have 20/20 vision. 3.65 GPA as a political science major from St. Olaf College in Minnesota. I have LORs from a senator's office, a state senator's office, and one college professor, and two other employers. I have some volunteer time coaching little league baseball.
My scores are:

66 OAR
6 AQR
5 PFAR
6 FOFAR

I think I can improve on the PFAR score if I took it again, I accidentally skipped one section of the aviation supplemental test because I clicked past the instructions. Is 5 good enough though?

Thank you to everyone who's active on here, I just recently started browsing this site, but its very helpful.

whosha

Hello. I'm wondering if anyone can help me understand whether I have a chance of getting accepted to OCS as a pilot. I just recently took the ASTB, and I'm waiting on my medical exam to come back. I have 20/20 vision. 3.65 GPA as a political science major from St. Olaf College in Minnesota. I have LORs from a senator's office, a state senator's office, and one college professor, and two other employers. I have some volunteer time coaching little league baseball.
My scores are:

66 OAR
6 AQR
5 PFAR
6 FOFAR

I think I can improve on the PFAR score if I took it again, I accidentally skipped one section of the aviation supplemental test because I clicked past the instructions. Is 5 good enough though?

Thank you to everyone who's active on here, I just recently started browsing this site, but its very helpful.

Only way to know is to apply. But everything looks pretty good to me, but that is merely my opinion.

koliver

I took the ASTB today. Here's my scores, OAR: 56 AQR: 6 PFAR: 5 FOFAR: 5 (56 6/5/5 I believe). The NROTC aviation officer who was proctoring said that I "passed". I asked him if I should retake it and try to get a higher score and he seemed apprehensive. He told me that he's sending off NROTC aviation application packets with 5/5/5 so he said my score seemed good. What do you guys think? I will be contacting my recruiter on Monday to go over the scores with him. I am currently a junior majoring in Criminal Justice and Political Science with a 2.8 GPA. My GPA isn't too hot due to switching my major freshman year. I was in NROTC for two years and did not pick up scholarship and therefore got dropped. I will be applying for OCS in October and will be getting letters of recomendation from the NROTC unit CO and XO, the Deputy Commander of Future Operations of the Pacific Fleet, a Port Commisioner (my boss's boss and a retired Naval Aviator), my college job boss, and a family friend who is also a retired Naval Aviator.

I just want to ask you guys and gals if you think I should be good, if I should retake the test, or if there is more I can be doing.

Ehoward10

My scores are:

66 OAR
6 AQR
5 PFAR
6 FOFAR

Just out of curiosity, which section did you skip? When I took it I accidentally skipped over the dichotic listening instructions and ended up not being able to know which buttons to push. I wouldn't be able to tell you if it made much of a difference in my scores though, but I keep wondering if I could've gotten a 9 if I hadn't gotten a 0 on that section. Your OAR is solid though. It might be worth applying as that score might carry you. I've been seeing people get selected with 5's and 6's. On a side note, interesting to see you are at St. Olaf. I go to Carleton, so hello neighbor.

Just out of curiosity, which section did you skip? When I took it I accidentally skipped over the dichotic listening instructions and ended up not being able to know which buttons to push. I wouldn't be able to tell you if it made much of a difference in my scores though, but I keep wondering if I could've gotten a 9 if I hadn't gotten a 0 on that section. Your OAR is solid though. It might be worth applying as that score might carry you. I've been seeing people get selected with 5's and 6's. On a side note, interesting to see you are at St. Olaf. I go to Carleton, so hello neighbor.

Hey man, yeah I skipped the dichotic listening test, made the same mistake as you. Good to hear from a Carl, the times I went over by you guys I always had a good time. Just graduated from Olaf last spring

Igloojam

pilot
- Prior Service US Marine
- BS Oceanography/Meteorology gpa 2.8 (not good i know)
- Professional work experience as a geologist
- 27 years old
- Currently in grad school for masters in Oceanography

I was wondering what the consensus thought of these scores....
6/6/6 and 61

I also heard a rumor Aviators are in high demand? Any thoughts?