• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

siatak

Took the ASTB today and scored a 7/9/7. I used trivium test prep and Test Prep Books guide. I was stressed as hell to take this exam. To anyone taking it in the future, I am living proof you don’t need to be Superman to pass this exam. I had a GPA of 1.8 in high school and went to community college. I just took two hours a day for a month (maybe 5 hours a day on weekends), read the books, and focused on the practice tests the week of and passed. If you want to fly, the pursuit alone will be enough to fill your heart with joy. Put in the work and good things will follow.
Congratulation on your score. what is Trivium test prep?

nicksmitty220

Alright guys. I got my retest tomorrow. I have to improve a 57 and a 6/7/6. I bought the app and went through it thoroughly. I really improved my math and aviation knowledge along with improving my uav skills and in practicing my terrain skills more today. For the math portion, did anyone see any log or probability questions on there? I struggle with it.

Mil3s

SNA Select
Alright guys. I got my retest tomorrow. I have to improve a 57 and a 6/7/6. I bought the app and went through it thoroughly. I really improved my math and aviation knowledge along with improving my uav skills and in practicing my terrain skills more today. For the math portion, did anyone see any log or probability questions on there? I struggle with it.
Yes I have gotten both log base questions and probability questions on both times when I took the test.

cmonty

Best of luck tomorrow!

cmonty

Hey guys, I just got the Saitek X52 HOTAS and I have zero clue how to set it up to work with the Jantzen simulator. I have a MacBook Pro and I'm running the most current software, I'm definitely not the most technologically inclined so I would appreciate any advice as far as stuff to download to make this work. I got this set up from a friend so I'm not sure if it has any presets I don't know about. I hope this works lol

AdamSmith1776

Question about the updated Jantzen sim, how do the audio cues work? If it says target eat LEFT, do I only respond to EVEN numbers in my left ear? Just found the updated sim and got 1/8 cues correct even though I was pretty good with the cues on the old trainer.

nicksmitty220

Did anyone encounter any questions on the math portion that didn’t have the formula provided? Circles have a ton of formulas attached to them regarding sectors, radians and tangents. I don’t remember those formulas being provided. I also wasn’t provided formulas for interest either.

Mil3s

SNA Select
Did anyone encounter any questions on the math portion that didn’t have the formula provided?
yes there will be questions that don’t have formulas provided especially as you get more questions right and get harder ones. The formula sheet is only a basic one that has basic formulas you learned in high school. Pretty much anything past basic algebra will not be on the formula sheet. So pre calculus and above won’t be on it that sheet.

nicksmitty220

yes there will be questions that don’t have formulas provided especially as you get more questions right and get harder ones. The formula sheet is only a basic one that has basic formulas you learned in high school. Pretty much anything past basic algebra will not be on the formula sheet. So pre calculus and above won’t be on it that sheet.
If I start seeing pre-calc, I assume my score is gonna be higher. I saw some pretty difficult questions. What would a pre-calc question look like? Trig, graphs?

Mil3s

SNA Select
If I start seeing pre-calc, I assume my score is gonna be higher. I saw some pretty difficult questions. What would a pre-calc question look like? Trig, graphs?
I mean if you are getting harder and harder questions I would take that as a good sign. My last test I took in February had probability, polynomials, radians, tangents, sine, roots, log base, distance and time, and a couple compound interest questions. Two scoops app is a good source of review material for the math section.

Just do your best, try not to stress yourself out, and get a good sleep before you take the test. You can only fit so much information into your head the night before a test.

nicksmitty220

I mean if you are getting harder and harder questions I would take that as a good sign. My last test I took in February had probability, polynomials, radians, tangents, sine, roots, log base, distance and time, and a couple compound interest questions. Two scoops app is a good source of review material for the math section.

Just do your best, try not to stress yourself out, and get a good sleep before you take the test. You can only fit so much information into your head the night before a test.
I’ve been studying using his app and that’s why I’m tweaking right now (not seriously). I have more knowledge than last time but now I feel like i know less than i did before. lol I’m sure I’ll be fine but I feel like I have so much more to study.

dav246

Does anyone remember the emergency situation values ?
Is it the same on every test ?
It will be in the exact same order every single time; Fire, Engine, Propellor. With this knowledge, a smart man would manipulate the knobs to the appropriate settings long before the voice tells you to, so that you can slap that throttle button in less than a second when its time.