• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

OGBean

SNA Applicant
What was your first set of scores and was there an improvement? If you look over time 6's are rarely accepted for SNA, now if you want SNFO you have a decent shot.

Your best bet is to keep practicing and studying. Have you graduated and if not when do you graduate?
My first set of scores were 60, and I think two 5s and a 4. I cannot remember what order but I do not think it matters that much considering how low they were. I am graduating in May of 2024

MotorCookie

My first set of scores were 60, and I think two 5s and a 4. I cannot remember what order but I do not think it matters that much considering how low they were. I am graduating in May of 2024
It sounds like you did very well on the OAR but not so good on the PBM sections (UAV, stick and throttle, etc)

I think if you really focused on the aviation sections you could score much better. How do you think you did on the UAV section, stick and throttle, audio listening, and aviation/nautical questions?

Cade Owens

I feel confident in the UAV and Map areas of the PBM, but I am curious on how to study for the stick and throttle. I am currently using the ASTB study app for this. Does anyone have any suggestion/methods they used?

Empire16

Alright mandatory post.....
I am a junior in college applying to April board. I originally was going for SWO, but...
I realized over the summer that I would want to join the navy after school and looked into pilot nfo and of course the ASTB. Late august is when I started to study for the math. Extremely basic stuff that you should know in middle or high school... I failed math in high school , but I am good at english. I have never taken a physics (even in highschool) class or math (besides stats) in college. Nor have I ever flown or taken any aviation classes ever.
I recognized a bunch of questions on both math, mechanichal comprenhension and ANIT from the forums so study up! As well as many of the guides etc look at everything.

Thank you all so much!!! Even if I did not interact with you directly all your questions helped!
I thought I was bombing it but, I just kept going... the math was hard and I never got any logs or matrices. Lots of probability

Applying to the April board
63 8/9/8 SNA/SNFO

If you need help reach out!

exNavyOffRec

I am a junior in college applying to April board. I originally was going for SWO, but...
I realized over the summer that I would want to join the navy after school and looked into pilot nfo and of course the ASTB. Late august is when I started to study for the math. Extremely basic stuff that you should know in middle or high school... I failed math in high school , but I am good at english. I have never taken a physics (even in highschool) class or math (besides stats) in college. Nor have I ever flown or taken any aviation classes ever.
I recognized a bunch of questions on both math, mechanichal comprenhension and ANIT from the forums so study up! As well as many of the guides etc look at everything.

Thank you all so much!!! Even if I did not interact with you directly all your questions helped!
I thought I was bombing it but, I just kept going... the math was hard and I never got any logs or matrices. Lots of probability

63 8/9/8 SNA/SNFO

Great scores

flyORdie

63 8/9/8 SNA/SNFO

Are you graduating May 2025? I believe the earliest you can apply is 12 months out from graduation.

dav246

63 8/9/8 SNA/SNFO

Nice scores bud

does anyone have or can direct me to any more up-to-date gouges/notes/study guides for the exam (if there are any)? currently reviewing the material in the Gomez and Kyle ASTB google drive

Pringles

Update to my post a couple weeks ago…

My ASTB score from today was 58, 7-8-8.
A massive thank you to all of you who have shared advice and guides and mock simulators to make this possible.

My two quick gouges:

1. Math section: The ASTB app reliably trained me for what I needed for this part of the test. Use it, use it, use it!

2. Reading section: I took way too long getting caught up between which option wasn’t the worst. The reading segments are absolutely dreadful. Time yourself.

Putting in for SNFO in March. Best of luck to all of you other SNA/SNFO’s out there!

dav246

Update to my post a couple weeks ago…

My ASTB score from today was 58, 7-8-8.
A massive thank you to all of you who have shared advice and guides and mock simulators to make this possible.

My two quick gouges:

1. Math section: The ASTB app reliably trained me for what I needed for this part of the test. Use it, use it, use it!

2. Reading section: I took way too long getting caught up between which option wasn’t the worst. The reading segments are absolutely dreadful. Time yourself.

Putting in for SNFO in March. Best of luck to all of you other SNA/SNFO’s out there!
Great scores man, same as mine except 54 on the OAR. I agree, the prep app was instrumental for the math section.

I know SNA ain't for everybody or everybodies goal, but your scores are competetive enough to make it a possibility if you were ever to consider it.

Last edited: