• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

starpunch

Banned
No one is saying the other sections don't matter, but the ASTB is the most heavily weighted part (especially for sna/snfo.) The Navy has conducted research among her better officers/pilots to see what they had in common in order to phase out the "not-as-competitive" applicants. They found a tight correlelation among them with high ASTB scores. I take it from all of your complaining that you didn't do so hot on your ASTB. There are several others on this forum who scored "average" at best on their test. However, instead of crying "Waaahhh, it's not fair" they are buckling down and studying harder to meet the competition. I respectfully suggest that you do the same.

I take it that you are a dirt bag and you can't read simple English. I never said the test was not important. But your idea that is the sole or even most weigted factor is wrong. I never questioned fairness either. Oh and I never took the test. I did refute the crap you put up. And clearly you must have gotten on your knees to get any high score from the way you sound.

starpunch

Banned
You can go to Harvard and have a 4.0 but only get a 45 on the ASTB. You probably aren't going to get picked up.

I agree with that for the most part unless that person was someone that had good work expereience and did not major in something stupid as fine arts.

GreenLantern330

I take it that you are a dirt bag and you can't read simple English. I never said the test was not not important. But your idea that is the sole or even most weigted factor is wrong. I never questioned fairness either. I did refute the crap you put up. And clearly you must have gotten on your knees to get any high score from the way you sound.

For someone going on and on about English, that was some pretty bad grammar there. It would have been more grammatically correct to say, "I never said that the test was not unimportant." Just saying. Also, these threads are here to help you reach your goal of becoming an aviator, and partly for venting too when the process gets hard. Don't come on here and start bitching at people or starting fights. Your attitude is terrible and I can tell already you're going to make a GREAT officer!

starpunch

Banned
For someone going on and on about English, that was some pretty bad grammar there. It would have been more grammatically correct to say, "I never said that the test was not unimportant." Just saying. Also, these threads are here to help you reach your goal of becoming an aviator, and partly for venting too when the process gets hard. Don't come on here and start bitching at people or starting fights. Your attitude is terrible and I can tell already you're going to make a GREAT officer!

Since you brought up grammar, how about your contradictory statement "these threads are here to help you reach your goal of becoming an aviator, and partly for venting too when the process gets hard. Don't come on here and start bitching at people or starting fights." Venting is the same as bitching. It doesn't matter, because I only refuted some assertions.

Nevins

I do hate to derail the flame war, but I have a quick question.

Little background: I am a USMC PLC applicant looking at an aviator contract. I am currently a sophomore but I am opting to just attend the PLC combined summer '12. My OSA went on leave and did not pass on that info, so they thought I was planning on leaving this summer and rushed to get me scheduled to take the ASTB. That was last Tuesday, and I took it this morning, so I really didn't have much time to prepare. I got a 6/6/7 so I "passed", but does anyone know how much the MARINES board weighs the ASTB score for an applicant packet? I know I can do better (was simply not fully prepped on Nautical and Aviation knowledge, I have a 33 ACT so I test pretty well) but was wondering if that would even be necessary. FYI, I think that the OAR was mid 50s for reference, can't remember the specific number.

Thanks in advance.

GreenLantern330

Little background: I am a USMC PLC applicant looking at an aviator contract. I am currently a sophomore but I am opting to just attend the PLC combined summer '12. My OSA went on leave and did not pass on that info, so they thought I was planning on leaving this summer and rushed to get me scheduled to take the ASTB. That was last Tuesday, and I took it this morning, so I really didn't have much time to prepare. I got a 6/6/7 so I "passed", but does anyone know how much the MARINES board weighs the ASTB score for an applicant packet? I know I can do better (was simply not fully prepped on Nautical and Aviation knowledge, I have a 33 ACT so I test pretty well) but was wondering if that would even be necessary. FYI, I think that the OAR was mid 50s for reference, can't remember the specific number.

Thanks in advance.

From what I've been told, it's just a pass or fail. A 6/6/7 is as good as a 9/9/9.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Actually it is retarded and you are as well because you fail to understand reading comprehension. I only disputed what is written. not the messenger. In any event, blogs are not officially endorsed by the Navy. I never said the test is not important. It is important, however so are the other areas. And your "respectable school" does not matter. It is contradictory you mention the test but go nuts about your "respectable school"
As I said, if the test is the sole factor, then a junkie is officer material just because he did well. There is a reason why many other factors matter.

So an officer who is actually an Officer Recruiter is writing things that are incorrect? Since you are 'disputing' it, you obviously have other information; please provide it to educate the rest of us who look to the site for education and enjoyment.

You have a lot to learn about how the Navy works. If you can't manage to work well with others, then maybe should be looking for another career.

gnarbot

Thanks in advance.

They dont weigh it as much as the navy. If you Pass you passed. 4/6/0 30 is passing for the Marines for aviation. Essentially it is either a pass or fail kind of thing in the marines.

sempre fi

starpunch

Banned
So an officer who is actually an Officer Recruiter is writing things that are incorrect? Since you are 'disputing' it, you obviously have other information; please provide it to educate the rest of us who look to the site for education and enjoyment.

You have a lot to learn about how the Navy works. If you can't manage to work well with others, then maybe should be looking for another career.

Yes because I talked to superior Officer Recruiters that were actually on boards. I know how the Navy works. Maybe your way of working well with others involves getting on your knees.

VNE

Starpunch: You haven't even been a member of this forum for 24 hours and your going around with a massive chip on your shoulder trying to pick fights. CLASSIC sign of severe insecurity issues. Do you see those shiny wings under helolumpy's name? That means you happen to be quoting (and insulting) a current officer/aviator.

You are CLEARLY not military material.

"Never pass up the opportunity, to STFU."

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Yes because I talked to superior Officer Recruiters that were actually on boards. I know how the Navy works. Maybe your way of working well with others involves getting on your knees.

Well since I was one of those Officers who actually sat on a board, I guess I really don't know what I'm talking about...

I guess I'll just taking my wings and go home.