• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

06SEP2020 OCS Class

NordicSkiGirlNewbie

I'm in this class too! Got told by my recruiter a couple days ago and am waiting on him to get all the paperwork together to sign. See you guys in a couple weeks!

Zafeki

Hey everyone! I after having been moved several times already this year, I got word from my recruiter that I will "Officially" be in this class. He actually didn't specify September 6th but he told me I would be leaving on August 23rd and ROM is still in effect. He is still getting my forms together and I have not yet signed anything but it sounds like I will be joining you all very soon.

the fly guy tj

Hey everyone! I after having been moved several times already this year, I got word from my recruiter that I will "Officially" be in this class. He actually didn't specify September 6th but he told me I would be leaving on August 23rd and ROM is still in effect. He is still getting my forms together and I have not yet signed anything but it sounds like I will be joining you all very soon.
welcome! I would suggest joining at least the group me for the class, there is some useful information in there. Hotels for ROM, study material, people to connect with

Zafeki

welcome! I would suggest joining at least the group me for the class, there is some useful information in there. Hotels for ROM, study material, people to connect with

Thanks Fly Guy. I just submitted my application to the group on facebook. Looking forward to getting some more information. My recruiter hasn't given me much to go on. Not entirely sure what to expect.

the fly guy tj

Thanks Fly Guy. I just submitted my application to the group on facebook. Looking forward to getting some more information. My recruiter hasn't given me much to go on. Not entirely sure what to expect.

We are all in the same boat, please ask questions if you have any

Zafeki

We are all in the same boat, please ask questions if you have any

Just got added to the facebook group. Already finding loads of useful information.

As far as questions, I guess I should start with this... What is a FINSEL? I see that word coming up a lot and not entirely sure what that means. I have an idea based on the context it is used but was hoping someone could elaborate a bit.

Additionally, I am not familiar with some of the designations I am seeing people use. Can anyone clarify all of the different designators we will see in our OCS class?

Thanks!

the fly guy tj

Here is the link to the groupme https://groupme.com/join_group/60606590/GPIRTKq4

A FINSEL is a Final Select Letter. Not quite sure what the contents are but I believe it is a formal letter congratulating you on your acceptance and cementing you in a particular OCS class.

Designators- Once you join the Facebook group there is a post where people are introducing themselves along with their designator. Some common ones are Student Naval Aviator, Surface Warfare Officer, Supply Officer, Intel Officer, Naval Flight Officer

Zafeki

Here is the link to the groupme https://groupme.com/join_group/60606590/GPIRTKq4

A FINSEL is a Final Select Letter. Not quite sure what the contents are but I believe it is a formal letter congratulating you on your acceptance and cementing you in a particular OCS class.

Designators- Once you join the Facebook group there is a post where people are introducing themselves along with their designator. Some common ones are Student Naval Aviator, Surface Warfare Officer, Supply Officer, Intel Officer, Naval Flight Officer

Thorough AND expeditious. You da man Fly Guy.

BrandonJLawson

For y’all getting ready to leave, a quick piece...
Bring some food/snacks (mostly protein) with you unless you don’t get tired of eating the same thing everyday, a personal computer and headphones, and clothes to PT twice a day! Good luck everyone!