• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

04 MAR 19 IWC BOARD

egiv

As i mentioned i know i applied for IP and CW, but my recruiter showed me a screenshot where it said "General Officer - IW"
not sure what the general officer part means but if someone can share that would be cool. Thanks!

This is interesting - anyone know if this is something new or just a weird way of wording? Would that basically mean you apply for all IWC designators (with the exclusion of CWE I imagine) and then get thrown into one based on availability?

exNavyOffRec

This is interesting - anyone know if this is something new or just a weird way of wording? Would that basically mean you apply for all IWC designators (with the exclusion of CWE I imagine) and then get thrown into one based on availability?

It is just how NRC breaks stuff down, GENOFF is generally considered anything that goes to OCS, then there is Medical, and DCO, etc.....

Hair Warrior

Contributor
As i mentioned i know i applied for IP and CW, but my recruiter showed me a screenshot where it said "General Officer - IW"
not sure what the general officer part means but if someone can share that would be cool. Thanks!
You might be thinking of naval officer designator 186X, which is for RDML and above.

You could also be looking at a screenshot of open billets (e.g. ADSW opportunities) where one is listed for 18XX, which can be filled by any IWC officer.

aadame13

hello everyone
Thank you for responding to my comment i appreciate your contributions and help

I should of also mentioned the "general officer" part in the screenshot was under the designator details and included the number 181000
I have a better understanding of what it means now

whentherearenine

Three and a half weeks in now. Anyone hear anything yet?

Nope! Did get a text from my OR saying that 113 folks applied INTEL first choice. He actually misspoke first and said a higher number before correcting and sending a "Sorry!" text. All I saw pop up on my phone was that "Sorry!" and my heart sank thinking results had come out and this was his savage way of saying I didn't make the cut. ?

Critical AnalysiZ

Nope! Did get a text from my OR saying that 113 folks applied INTEL first choice. He actually misspoke first and said a higher number before correcting and sending a "Sorry!" text. All I saw pop up on my phone was that "Sorry!" and my heart sank thinking results had come out and this was his savage way of saying I didn't make the cut. ?
Awww dang, that is scary lol. My CO and XO keep asking me if I've heard anything yet. So, I'm assuming they think I'll know before they do.