• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

04 MAR 19 IWC BOARD

Critical AnalysiZ

I just hope my package made it to the board. I needed a medical waiver for my tree nut allergy which I received on 20 FEB. Mr. Ted Williams told me my package was forwarded to an NC chief that handles IWC board packages. I'm supposed to report for my next tour on 06 JUL. If I didn't make it to this board, then my package would be forwarded to the 10 JUN board. I would need to be extended at my current command in order for my package to be considered at that board. My career counselor knows nothing about OCS or how to assist me and I turned in my application myself. I don't see as much information for fleet applicants as I do for civilians. It'd be fruitless to wait for the results if my package wasn't even seen. So in that case, I hope they do come in 3 weeks!

exNavyOffRec

I just hope my package made it to the board. I needed a medical waiver for my tree nut allergy which I received on 20 FEB. Mr. Ted Williams told me my package was forwarded to an NC chief that handles IWC board packages. I'm supposed to report for my next tour on 06 JUL. If I didn't make it to this board, then my package would be forwarded to the 10 JUN board. I would need to be extended at my current command in order for my package to be considered at that board. My career counselor knows nothing about OCS or how to assist me and I turned in my application myself. I don't see as much information for fleet applicants as I do for civilians. It'd be fruitless to wait for the results if my package wasn't even seen. So in that case, I hope they do come in 3 weeks!

usually a few weeks before the board the board list is set and anyone else gets moved to the next board, if the NC was running behind you may get lucky but often the board wants the applications ready to go and in hand several weeks before the board date.

Critical AnalysiZ

usually a few weeks before the board the board list is set and anyone else gets moved to the next board, if the NC was running behind you may get lucky but often the board wants the applications ready to go and in hand several weeks before the board date.
Thank you for the insight. Hoping to get lucky.

whentherearenine

Another shameless plug for documenting the AW applicants for this board. While I don't imagine we'll ever be able to completely understand the magic behind the curtain of board decisions-- I do think it will be helpful for both the folks applying for this board as well as future IWC boards to understand the highlights of our applications. May mean that future applicants can create fewer "aM i cOmpEteTive?" threads and those of us who are not recommended this time around can think critically about if/where we could strengthen our future application(s).

So while you're anxiously awaiting a much more exciting notification than this one-- put your stats in here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19u1weW6OThjwlSImjNkAZH_YFL6ILIDdMnvk8-IJGJ4/edit?usp=sharing

amarie

Another shameless plug for documenting the AW applicants for this board. While I don't imagine we'll ever be able to completely understand the magic behind the curtain of board decisions-- I do think it will be helpful for both the folks applying for this board as well as future IWC boards to understand the highlights of our applications. May mean that future applicants can create fewer "aM i cOmpEteTive?" threads and those of us who are not recommended this time around can think critically about if/where we could strengthen our future application(s).

So while you're anxiously awaiting a much more exciting notification than this one-- put your stats in here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19u1weW6OThjwlSImjNkAZH_YFL6ILIDdMnvk8-IJGJ4/edit?usp=sharing
just added mine :)

huskybiz

Added mine too. I think this will help future applicants know what they need to strive for a competitive profile.

senatesnob

Nothing worse than the House of Represenatives

Put mine as well. Nice summary page stats; smart idea.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Recommend we consider employing better OPSEC and not aggregate personal information in an unsecured file that anyone can view.

Last edited:

JLew

Recommend we consider employing better OPSEC and not aggregate personal information in an unsecured file that anyone can view.
I somewhat feel that way about this entire site, which is basically open for anyone to learn a lot about how the most powerful military in the world is discussing lots of vulnerabilities.

Last edited: