• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

03 JAN 2021 OCS Class

oadams2

I appreciate it! If you don't mind me asking. Why is this the only class you're eligible for? I think it's rare for turnaround time to be that quick. Usually it's a month after the board to find out whether you've been PRO-REC Y. Then a couple months after that to get your FINSEL letter and class date.
No problem. I know — it doesn’t look good for me, but I turn 32 shortly after this class graduates. It took almost a year to get my Lasik paperwork approved, so I missed the previous SNA deadlines and had this last shot at getting in. I wasn’t going to pass it up even with the long odds.

Torano

No problem. I know — it doesn’t look good for me, but I turn 32 shortly after this class graduates. It took almost a year to get my Lasik paperwork approved, so I missed the previous SNA deadlines and had this last shot at getting in. I wasn’t going to pass it up even with the long odds.
I respect that a lot. Most people quit as soon as a challenge to their efforts come up. They tell themselves no before anyone else does. I hope you get in. The country needs people who’re willing to go up against the odds to serve and defend. If it all works out, I’ll see you in the fleet. Regardless of the outcome, I wish you all the best.

oadams2

I respect that a lot. Most people quit as soon as a challenge to their efforts come up. They tell themselves no before anyone else does. I hope you get in. The country needs people who’re willing to go up against the odds to serve and defend. If it all works out, I’ll see you in the fleet. Regardless of the outcome, I wish you all the best.
Thanks, I appreciate it!

MDling11

What boards did you both apply to? I’m just curious since it sounds like you just got your results.
I put my SWO package in Feb 2020 and just got my results last month. My recruiter said they cancelled one of the spring boards and all the SWO applications got pooled to the fall board

oadams2

I put my SWO package in Feb 2020 and just got my results last month. My recruiter said they cancelled one of the spring boards and all the SWO applications got pooled to the fall board
Wow, I’m sorry — I thought the Oct/Nov SNA board had it bad, but ours is nothing!

tddubb

So my package is at the board that's currently convening, and I'm still waiting to hear the results. But if selected, I have a waiver to expedite the process and class up on Jan. 3 since I have to commission before I turn 42 in April. Obviously this would be a crazy quick turnaround and a chaotic December if it goes this way. So stupid question: do we absolutely have to ROM at OCS starting 20 December? If so, that's such a tough break.

Torano

So my package is at the board that's currently convening, and I'm still waiting to hear the results. But if selected, I have a waiver to expedite the process and class up on Jan. 3 since I have to commission before I turn 42 in April. Obviously this would be a crazy quick turnaround and a chaotic December if it goes this way. So stupid question: do we absolutely have to ROM at OCS starting 20 December? If so, that's such a tough break.
I’m in that class. As far as I’m aware, it’s an absolute requirement. There’s a mandated ROM period for every PCS at this point I believe. Of course, make sure to confirm it with your OR.

oadams2

I’m officially in this class! I got my orders yesterday and will swear in on Monday. If it weren’t for the covid restrictions, I’d offer to pick people up from Logan or TF Green on my way down.

NobleJ

SNA
Hi, folks! I am in the 24JAN class and am wondering if anyone can send along what you all have for chain of command? Thanks and best of luck! See y'all out there!

MDling11

I’m in January third class. We’re in quarantine right now. The chain of command will change with the new admin coming in. They will give you one when you get here. Focus on appendix b, then c and d. There are 19 in the chain of command, not 16 as some appendix b state.

MDling11

Yes. Mandatory.