• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

03 DEC 18 IWC BOARD

Law_to_1830

The results are in. I was rejected again. The recruiter has no idea why. He said he was shocked that someone with my scores was rejected.

I can try again in April, assuming I can get an interview with someone O-5 or higher. Does anybody know anyone I can interview with - preferably someone in Virginia, Maryland, or DC?

I will also have to pursue other options. After being rejected by the Navy twice, I may have to look at the other branches - and probably the FBI or CIA. It pains me to look outside the Navy.

SirDataDetective

The results are in. I was rejected again. The recruiter has no idea why. He said he was shocked that someone with my scores was rejected.

I can try again in April, assuming I can get an interview with someone O-5 or higher. Does anybody know anyone I can interview with - preferably someone in Virginia, Maryland, or DC?

I will also have to pursue other options. After being rejected by the Navy twice, I may have to look at the other branches - and probably the FBI or CIA. It pains me to look outside the Navy.

I'm so sorry, Law...

If someone with your credentials can't get in for this round, I'm not sure how much of a chance the rest of us have.

Law_to_1830

I'm so sorry, Law...

If someone with your credentials can't get in for this round, I'm not sure how much of a chance the rest of us have.

Thanks. I'm not sure how this happened, given that Navy Esq. was selected in the last board - and his scores are lower than mine. (No offense intended to Navy Esq. I'm very happy for him that he got in.)

Assuming that I can get an O-5 interview or higher by April, then I'll probably apply yet again for Navy Intel, though I have little hope for the 3rd time around. I'll have to apply for other options as well. Hopefully something will work out.

djr101

I definitely don’t know my results yet (I contacted my recruiter yesterday and it is taking me a significant amount of effort to not contact him again) but I definitely agree with Sirjerald517. Law_to_830, I recommend going with three letter agencies because you will start with more pay because of your educational background and work experience overall. Best of wishes everyone!

Andrew_F

I'm really sorry to hear that. Looking at your background, I know you will be able to succeed in whatever area you get into. Don't lose heart. Another military branch or another branch of government would still be a way to serve our country and also be a fulfilling career.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

You have to remember, this is one of the most competitive boards out there. For one of you, an applicant who has a JD there's probably several more applying. IWC boards prefer STEM over non-STEM degrees and if you don't have a STEM degree, you better have a very high GPA to make up for it.

Law_to_1830

I definitely don’t know my results yet (I contacted my recruiter yesterday and it is taking me a significant amount of effort to not contact him again) but I definitely agree with Sirjerald517. Law_to_830, I recommend going with three letter agencies because you will start with more pay because of your educational background and work experience overall. Best of wishes everyone!

I'm really sorry to hear that. Looking at your background, I know you will be able to succeed in whatever area you get into. Don't lose heart. Another military branch or another branch of government would still be a way to serve our country and also be a fulfilling career.

djr101 and Andrew_F:
Thanks. I can always keep trying for the Navy, as well as applying for the other branches and for the agencies. Hopefully, someone will pick me up eventually. My options are pretty limited due to my age and my poor choice of degree (law).

Andrew_F:
Congrats to you, though. I knew you would get in, if anyone did. Here's hoping you have a stellar career.

You have to remember, this is one of the most competitive boards out there. For one of you, an applicant who has a JD there's probably several more applying. IWC boards prefer STEM over non-STEM degrees and if you don't have a STEM degree, you better have a very high GPA to make up for it.

I'm aware. There's nothing I can do about any of that, though. I can't time travel to change my GPA (which is already above average), nor can I get another degree. I have a family to provide for and law school debt to pay off.

Last edited: