• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

03 DEC 18 IWC BOARD

Law_to_1830

FYI, according to my OR, it looks like there are 85 applicants for this board for the 1830 designator and 52 for the 1810 designator.

I don't have any info on the other designators, nor do I have anything on the total number of applicants.

Does anyone know how many total applicants there were to this board?

SirDataDetective

Checking in. I tried to apply to the last board, but was not able to because of some lost medical paperwork at MEPS.

Hello again, Law! Thank you for that info, now get out of here with those amazing credentials. :p

It seems like notification of selection usually occurs about a month after the board date, but I'm hoping Christmas can come early and we find out sooner.

Good evening everyone, skimming through the other IWC boards, it looks like there's a range of a month to 6 months for a FINSEL after receiving a Pro Rec. Is there any information out there, that I'm overlooking, that shows a relationship between that length of time and the date you put on your package saying you would be ready to ship?

Thanks,

Andy

I am also curious about this.

Law_to_1830

Checking in. I tried to apply to the last board, but was not able to because of some lost medical paperwork at MEPS.

Hello again, Law! Thank you for that info, now get out of here with those amazing credentials. :p

You're welcome! Haha, thanks! Here's hoping the board agrees with you about my credentials. I'd love to finally start a Navy career!

Best of luck to you, too! A job title like "financial intelligence unit consultant" and multiple degrees including STEM certainly can't hurt your chances.

Last edited:

SirDataDetective

You're welcome! Haha, thanks! All I can do is hope that they agree with you about my credentials. I'd love to get going on my Navy career!

Best of luck to you, too! A job title like "financial intelligence unit consultant" and multiple degrees including STEM certainly can't hurt your chances.

Yes, but those Cs in Calc and ethnobotany from 6 years ago kind of negate all of that if this rigidness regarding "required" GPA range as a priority selection factor is to be believed. :D

Hopefully it is a holistic approach. I also hope that they select more than 6 this time.

Law_to_1830

Yes, but those Cs in Calc and ethnobotany from 6 years ago kind of negate all of that if this rigidness regarding "required" GPA range as a priority selection factor is to be believed. :D

Hopefully it is a holistic approach. I also hope that they select more than 6 this time.
Agreed. I hope they select plenty of applicants this time, much like they did on the Sept. 2018 board.

My OR says that they expect to hire 75% of their 2019 accessions within the first few boards of the year. So hopefully there are still plenty of seats left after the 37 or so they hired in September.

exNavyOffRec

Agreed. I hope they select plenty of applicants this time, much like they did on the Sept. 2018 board.

My OR says that they expect to hire 75% of their 2019 accessions within the first few boards of the year. So hopefully there are still plenty of seats left after the 37 or so they hired in September.

Problem with that is they won't know the FY19 quotas until Jan/Feb

oh, and pretty much every OR says the same thing in Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec

I'm just checking in here. I applied to this board as well but fell off this website in the process. I had some medical waivers pending that have been worked out and this is the first board my package was finally eligible. Has anyone compared the response time from the last couple boards? When could we realistically expect these results?

Andrew_F

I'm just checking in here. I applied to this board as well but fell off this website in the process. I had some medical waivers pending that have been worked out and this is the first board my package was finally eligible. Has anyone compared the response time from the last couple boards? When could we realistically expect these results?

Welcome and good luck! Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like previous boards vary from a week up to a month for the release of the Pro Recs - Y/N. If I recall, I remember reading they had a maximum of a month to release that information.

djr101

Here's a collection of results over time I've seen in the thread for the last June board. I definitely don't know total applicants though - I didn't hear from my OR since he checked I made it to board. I also didn't even realize that there have been posts in this thread since I last checked it!

Attachments

• iwc.png
    iwc.png
    43.5 KB · Views: 77

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

You can look this answer up yourself by searching previous threads.

Poaydog

Aydog
This fiscal year, and 2 more after this, possibly 3 fiscal years are expected to be THE BEST TIME to join the Navy. Both Officer and Enlisted, hence the previous board boasted such great selection rate. So I'm just here to ride the wave :) give my unquestionable loyalty to my combat team!

Where is this info coming from you might ask? I get to hear conference calls of some important folks in the Navy recruiting command. So good luck to you hopeful brothers and sisters / active duty or civilian who you might be.