• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

Can do

That would in fact be me, yes.

I can't thank you guys enough for going through the system and rosters for me. If the occasion ever arises, I owe the both of you a beer in the future. While this isn't an affirmative Prorec-Y or Prorec-N, it is definitely a relief and hopefully foreshadowing some good news. Again, really appreciate it boys!

Until then, you can find me restocking the shelves at Home Depot....

Are you from NRD Miami?

donkeh

Are you from NRD Miami?
Nah I submitted my package from NORS Tallahassee with the officer recruiter based out of there. I began the process with him while I was still in undergrad at FSU and stuck with him even after Covid-19 forced me to move back to South Florida. Wish I could be of assistance to my fellow SoFlo boys.

Can do

Nah I submitted my package from NORS Tallahassee with the officer recruiter based out of there. I began the process with him while I was still in undergrad at FSU and stuck with him even after Covid-19 forced me to move back to South Florida. Wish I could be of assistance to my fellow SoFlo boys.

Its all good. Good luck!

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Dropping this nugget here again for anyone lurking the forums that has yet to put their stats into the Excel.

02 Nov = 26 Oct aviation board

Ghost SWO

Contributor
The longer times for results started prior to COVID, it is due to a change in processes at NRC, in the past the list would go out and they would worry about OCS dates later, now before the list goes out they need to have OCS dates assigned or projected.
This is interesting. Assuming it's this way for ALL boards from now on? (Was posted to the SWO board)

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Well when it comes to the USN they like to change the process when some new is in charge, you can't make your mark in the military without changing something, whether it needs to be changed or not LOL
Ha no kidding... I just saw that on the SWO board so I was curious if that applied to all of the other boards at this current time?

soccerman816

LOL, I saluted a Navy chief on base one time because I couldn't tell if he was an O-4 from a distance. He was like, "Not an officer", and I was like, -.- ok.
I love how its like an insult, but not really, but like to them it is. Something I have always found to be funny.

__Dvdh__

What a great thread you guys, I'm got popcorn out reading it. Hahah. If the board has met Im anxious for all of you! I hope you get your spots, As i am just a fly on the wall ATM.

While we're talking about medical stuff ( or have been), has anyone had trouble getting into MEPS during the whole COVID episode? I'm told that I need to go back because my previous visit has been expired, though "Big Navy" cleared me to go already. My OR says they're constantly fighting and he's had to resubmit me for a date to go, he's just not gotten any word yet for about 4 months, and I'm ready to submit a package already!

Anyone else go through something like this lately?

tcham28

None
What a great thread you guys, I'm got popcorn out reading it. Hahah. If the board has met Im anxious for all of you! I hope you get your spots, As i am just a fly on the wall ATM.

While we're talking about medical stuff ( or have been), has anyone had trouble getting into MEPS during the whole COVID episode? I'm told that I need to go back because my previous visit has been expired, though "Big Navy" cleared me to go already. My OR says they're constantly fighting and he's had to resubmit me for a date to go, he's just not gotten any word yet for about 4 months, and I'm ready to submit a package already!

Was your MEPS visit more than 2 years ago? As long as you make it in before 11 December you should be good for the 25 January board.

DylDozer

SNA PROREC-Y
Contributor

My experience at MEPS (Boston) was actually rather smooth. Make sure you have the quarantine paperwork, and that it is correctly filled out. Apparently they can turn you away rather easily for not having the form. Personally, I forgot to fill mine out and they were more than helpful with completing it.

I am prior service though, and I did get treated a hell of a lot better than the other recruits there.

__Dvdh__

I Suppose so if they've told me I need to retake it. My OR informed he's working hard to get me in for that board and the COVID sit'ch is slowing down the process. It just feels very unusual to have it take THIS long.