• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

Coriolanus

Pro-Rec SNA
Applying for SNA/NFO

Prior service : Yes (Airforce)
ASTB : 6/7/6
OAR: 60
GPA : 3.4
Degree : Theatre performance
No waivers or anything

Best of luck y’all!

kyleerlich

Hello all!
Fingers crossed I meet the Sept 18 submission deadline for this board.
OAR: 65
ASTB: 9/9/9
Degree: BS Aerospace Engineering
BS Mechanical Engineering
GPA: 3.52
Prior Service: Y

- Good luck everyone!
What is potentially holding you up from meeting the Sep 18 deadline??

Packet in for November Board!

Degree: B.S. 3.1 GPA
ASTB (first attempt)
OAR: 54
FOFAR: 6
PFAR: 8
AQR: 7

Solid LORs
ATP & CFI/II
2,000 hours flight time
Current airline guy (for now)

Hope for the best!
Best of luck to everyone!!

Howler24

Contributor
Howdy y'all!

Degree: B.S. Marketing
GPA: 3.04
OAR: 52
ASTB: 6/7/6
LOR (5): 0-6, 0-7, Employer, Dean of Students, President of University

My packet submission is dependent on if my wavier gets pushed through before the 18th, all else is done. Not reason to stress over what's out of my control.

jlh1850

Hey everyone, applying for SNA! I was a lurker on this forum for a while but excited to submit my application packet.

Degree: B.A. Government
GPA: 3.84
52 6/6/7
No prior service.

My goal was 55 7/7/7, but my recruiter seemed to think my packet was strong enough with the 6/6/7 and GPA to submit. Good luck to everyone!

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Hey everyone, applying for SNA! I was a lurker on this forum for a while but excited to submit my application packet.

Degree: B.A. Government
GPA: 3.84
52 6/6/7
No prior service.

My goal was 55 7/7/7, but my recruiter seemed to think my packet was strong enough with the 6/6/7 and GPA to submit. Good luck to everyone!

I think you have a good shot with those scores, the GPA should help. It's all slightly subjective in the end when they look at the whole picture for every applicant, definitely seen guys get a pilot slot with your scores though. Best of luck to you!

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Packet in for November Board!

Degree: B.S. 3.1 GPA
ASTB (first attempt)
OAR: 54
FOFAR: 6
PFAR: 8
AQR: 7

Solid LORs
ATP & CFI/II
2,000 hours flight time
Current airline guy (for now)

Hope for the best!
Best of luck to everyone!!

Nice! Just out of curiosity, did you get hit with a furlough?

Marmaduke123

Contributor
Updating my scoring information here:

ASTB: 51 6/7/6
Prior Service: N
Degree: Business Admin (3.6 weighed down to 3.25 after combining my horrible first attempt at college as a teen).
Flight Exp: Some hours on Ultralights

Was absolutely certain I'd do better on the ASTB as I've ground out some more difficult tests before but got tunnel-vision on the day due to poor sleep and general fatigue. Was pretty confident in ANIT and PBM which likely salvaged my test in the end. Similarly to @jih1850, my recruiter reckons it should be a good shot of selection. Even if it is I'll go with the assumption its not and keep studying so i can rock the test next time if need be.

Good luck guys and awesome job some of you - unless there are some serious skeletons in the closet, the stats suggest a good majority are shoe-ins.

TheCoon

Packet submitted today for SNA only.

OAR: 59
ASTB: 7/6/7
GPA: ~2.7
Degree: B.S. Finance
Waivers: 2 medical; one for previous shoulder surgery and one for PRK

Extremely underwhelming ASTB and GPA combination, I know, but we’re going to roll with it and see what happens. I addressed the low GPA in my motivational statement, which my OR said was actually a really good one overall. From the resident ORs here it seems like the LORs and motivational statements don’t get much time on aviation boards, but I’m hoping this board breaks that trend a bit and maybe I can sneak in. It is 2020 after all...

Marmaduke123

Contributor
Packet submitted today for SNA only.

OAR: 59
ASTB: 7/6/7
GPA: ~2.7
Degree: B.S. Finance
Waivers: 2 medical; one for previous shoulder surgery and one for PRK

Extremely underwhelming ASTB and GPA combination, I know, but we’re going to roll with it and see what happens. I addressed the low GPA in my motivational statement, which my OR said was actually a really good one overall. From the resident ORs here it seems like the LORs and motivational statements don’t get much time on aviation boards, but I’m hoping this board breaks that trend a bit and maybe I can sneak in. It is 2020 after all...

Based on the previous board excels I wouldn't say your ASTB is underwhelming at all, plenty of guys getting selected with those scores. The litmus is 5/6/6 and it does seem to be a wholistic process that isn't just about raw scores.

My personal theory is that the average scores of AW are likely a bit higher than the actual average as people here are clearly a bit more motivated. I'm willing to bet there's a fair bit of guys who decide to just wing the ASTB (or any military exam) and see what happens.

TheCoon

Based on the previous board excels I wouldn't say your ASTB is underwhelming at all, plenty of guys getting selected with those scores. The litmus is 5/6/6 and it does seem to be a wholistic process that isn't just about raw scores.

Agreed on my ASTB scores. Based on past spreadsheets I basically have the average Pro-Rec Y score. It’s the GPA that’s my main concern - I’m not sure if my scores do enough to offset it. If I had say a 3.0, I’d feel a lot more confident.

My personal theory is that the average scores of AW are likely a bit higher than the actual average as people here are clearly a bit more motivated. I'm willing to bet there's a fair bit of guys who decide to just wing the ASTB (or any military exam) and see what happens.

Ha. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen that exact same sentiment somewhere on here. I think there’s probably a bit of truth to that, too. Some people have had their sights set on this for years and you can tell. Others, like me, only more recently in past couple years.