• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

02AUG2021 Pilot/NFO Board

amf0229

Pro Rec Y SNFO
Good selection percentage, of course the max number of SNA selections per board set by NRC was supposed to be 91 and they picked 129

They were right on the number for SNFO at 58

That could bite them down the road.
What do you mean by that could bite them down the road? I’m just curious. I’m trying to gauge how this may make the next boards selection rate look. Since this board said FY21/FY22, do you think that since this was the last board that was selecting for FY21 spots that maybe they had more to fill than anticipated and that’s why they selected so many for SNA? Do you think that the next board may have less since this one had so many? Idk how this shit works lol.

exNavyOffRec

What do you mean by that could bite them down the road? I’m just curious. I’m trying to gauge how this may make the next boards selection rate look. Since this board said FY21/FY22, do you think that since this was the last board that was selecting for FY21 spots that maybe they had more to fill than anticipated and that’s why they selected so many for SNA? Do you think that the next board may have less since this one had so many? Idk how this shit works lol.
It could lead to lower selections for the remaining FY 22 boards, right now they are working on the assumption last year and this years goal is the same, and that is generally correct. The goal is estimated at 584 for FY 22 spots, 262 were already used by earlier boards and 129 were picked on this one so now 391 are filled which means 193 are left and there are boards in Nov, Jan, and historically March/April (this picks current and next FY). It looks like the goal of 91 SNA per board was splitting the available spots between those 3, now realistically the last board picks about half current and half next FY so the numbers should be lower for the next few boards, or they don't and keep pushing the problem down the road.

This has happened in the past with Intel and SWO where they ended up halting boards for about a year.

The last board was FY 22 just like this one, I think one person from the May board was able to ship in June all the others had ship dates for FY 22 commissions.

Magrey

Just remember if a person keeps submitting without a significant change at each board the board will hit them with a DNR. The board doesn't care about persistence they care about who is the best qualified and significant positive change.
Fact.

amf0229

Pro Rec Y SNFO
It could lead to lower selections for the remaining FY 22 boards, right now they are working on the assumption last year and this years goal is the same, and that is generally correct. The goal is estimated at 584 for FY 22 spots, 262 were already used by earlier boards and 129 were picked on this one so now 391 are filled which means 193 are left and there are boards in Nov, Jan, and historically March/April (this picks current and next FY). It looks like the goal of 91 SNA per board was splitting the available spots between those 3, now realistically the last board picks about half current and half next FY so the numbers should be lower for the next few boards, or they don't and keep pushing the problem down the road.

This has happened in the past with Intel and SWO where they ended up halting boards for about a year.

The last board was FY 22 just like this one, I think one person from the May board was able to ship in June all the others had ship dates for FY 22 commissions.

Dang. That sucks! Thanks for breaking it down for me! As for NFO though, you said that seemed to he right in the money, right? That’s what I’m applying for, but I’m hoping we don’t run into the same problem with NFO.

Magrey

Does anybody know how long it typically takes for AD folks to get a ship date and also what makes it so that they aren’t given one from the get go?
Many factors come into play, when is your PRD, manning of the command is someone filling your billet, if not you will be held on station, my case and many other friends, thats just a few

WorldWar33.3

I was under the impression that nobody gave a shit about SNFO. So I learned about how awesome NFO was thinking the Navy was hurting for NFOs... Apparently not. I still think it's a cooler job than pilot in whatever branch. I'm not giving up yet. Mama ain't raise no bitch.

Joshkp08

Congrats to all of you who made it. Proud of you all. I was stoked to not see my name in the no list because it further confirms I got pushed to Nov. for those who didn’t make it keep your head up and try again if you really want it. Not going to lie I was going to send hate mail if that list was going to be a Rick roll TROLL!!
Same here! I submitted in June! It's ok. Just another wait game. Congratulations to all!

Me So Hornet

SNA PRO-REC-Y / OCS 14AUG2022
For those of you not selected - seriously never give up. I consider my journey to have started 8 years ago when I applied to the Air Force Academy and was rejected. Towards the end of college, started applying to Air National Guard units. 3 years, 26 applications, 3 interviews - not selected. Then was going to apply active duty Air Force - board cancelled. Explore all opportunities and always ask yourself how you can incrementally improve your application.

Make them tell you no!

luckynumbr27

Man, seeing my name on that prorec-N for SNA hurt BAD when others with the same and lower scores got selected. Going to get my PPL and work on some other things, maybe rethink my rickroll strategies and come back stronger. Hope y’all kill it Rhode Island and Pensacola!!
Daaaang it bro. That had to be one of those mistakes where they put your package in the wrong pile or something. Hard to imagine that a guy with your scores needs to retake the ASTB or honestly do anything else to be more competitive

Kyle42

Daaaang it bro. That had to be one of those mistakes where they put your package in the wrong pile or something. Hard to imagine that a guy with your scores needs to retake the ASTB or honestly do anything else to be more competitive
Ehh, I’ve heard 7’s get you a decent chance but aren’t a sure lock. Maybe there’s some things I can do to make sure my package ends up in the right pile come January?