• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

7 FEB 2018 Aviation Board

michizzle

Checking in here.
26 years old from sf, cali
Nfo only (vision)
59 7/7/6
3.2 gpa industrial and systems engineering

Good luck everyone!

LTJG_Fluffy

Is it luck or is it fate?
Hey guys, glad to be finally checking in.
Good luck everyone!

Applying: SNA
GPA: 3.85
Degrees: Global Studies / German
ASTB: 56/6/6/6

Solon Skarlatos

Hey everyone, guy from Sacramento, CA checking in! Good luck y'all.

Applying: SNA and INTEL(in December 2017) only want SNA tho
Degree: History
GPA: 3.4
OAR: 55
ASTB: 6/7/6

Getting nervous seeing everyone's scores :O

Hey everyone, guy from Sacramento, CA checking in! Good luck y'all.

Applying: SNA and INTEL(in December 2017) only want SNA tho
Degree: History
GPA: 3.4
OAR: 55
ASTB: 6/7/6

Getting nervous seeing everyone's scores :O
I think the scores on here tend to be a little higher than the average. I don’t think people with lower scores would usually share them on here.

Solon Skarlatos

I think the scores on here tend to be a little higher than the average. I don’t think people with lower scores would usually share them on here.
Yeah that makes sense. I'm still nervous regardless lol. I'm actually applying to the Air Force board that follows the Navy board just to be safe in case I get denied. If I get denied from both, Army WOFT is my last chance lol.

mke07

Yeah that makes sense. I'm still nervous regardless lol. I'm actually applying to the Air Force board that follows the Navy board just to be safe in case I get denied. If I get denied from both, Army WOFT is my last chance lol.
If it's any consolation, apparently the Academy didn't have many Pilot or NFO service selects. Strangely enough, they all went Subs, willingly. So the Pilot and NFO shortage isn't exactly being filled by Academy grads right now. I also agree with the sentiment that the scores on this site skew towards the higher end of applicants, because it appears that the ones that end up here are the ones taking initiative and thoroughly researching everything. If you want to see some people that probably aren't joining these forums, go check out r/newtothenavy. Great place for info and general help but man have I seen some really stupid questions a future officer should not be asking rolling through that subreddit.

Solon Skarlatos

If it's any consolation, apparently the Academy didn't have many Pilot or NFO service selects. Strangely enough, they all went Subs, willingly. So the Pilot and NFO shortage isn't exactly being filled by Academy grads right now. I also agree with the sentiment that the scores on this site skew towards the higher end of applicants, because it appears that the ones that end up here are the ones taking initiative and thoroughly researching everything. If you want to see some people that probably aren't joining these forums, go check out r/newtothenavy. Great place for info and general help but man have I seen some really stupid questions a future officer should not be asking rolling through that subreddit.
Awesome! Idk why the hell they would pick subs but that makes me feel good. How did you find that out? Good luck on the board btw.

mke07

Awesome! Idk why the hell they would pick subs but that makes me feel good. How did you find that out? Good luck on the board btw.
Thanks you too!

To each their own. I prefer to be in the air than underwater, but it's all personal preference. They probably did it for the better food and pay honestly. My brother is at the Academy and was telling me about the service selects. First time in a while they haven't had to hold a sub draft.

Solon Skarlatos

Thanks you too!

To each their own. I prefer to be in the air than underwater, but it's all personal preference. They probably did it for the better food and pay honestly. My brother is at the Academy and was telling me about the service selects. First time in a while they haven't had to hold a sub draft.
Good source, thanks for sharing with us. Yeah my recruiter was trying to hype subs and supply lol. I was like, nah dude, I like my sanity.

exNavyOffRec

The rumors of pilot shortage have been going on for nearly 10 years now, but the accession numbers have remained fairly steady, it is a retention problem not an accession problem, you don't fix a retention problem by putting more people through the pipeline, there is a career path and promotion flow for officers, the recruit more philosophy works for enlisted not officer.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None

I was glued to this forum a few years ago during my STA-21/OCS application times and there were definitely a wide range of scores. Its hard to use the scores as a benchmark. I saw some guys/gals with some really low scores get picked up because of their other significant accomplishments. Regardless, good luck to you all!!

Solon Skarlatos

I was glued to this forum a few years ago during my STA-21/OCS application times and there were definitely a wide range of scores. Its hard to use the scores as a benchmark. I saw some guys/gals with some really low scores get picked up because of their other significant accomplishments. Regardless, good luck to you all!!
Cool, thanks for the confidence. What do you fly if you don't mind me asking?