• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Yes Another UT A&M decision

vincentjus

1. Look at both schools.
2. Go with the one that appeals to you.
3. You can always decline NROTC and go the OCS route! :weeping_1
4. I think you're better off doing NROTC.

I looked at both UT and A&M decided to go with A&M. I didn't know much about either school until I paid a visit to both. A&M appealed to me much more than UT did and I saw more advantages for me at A&M.
I didn't join the corps since I wanted a break from military life. (I had just spent three years wearing an enlisted uniform, so I saw no need to do it as a college student.) I had an awesome time at A&M, but you can do that at either school. A friend of mine went through the corps and he really seemed to enjoy it. I don't really have a problem with UT. Tech is the one I despise, but that's a whole other discussion.

mastbump

I live vicariously through myself.
pilot
It seems like we all are forgetting that gem of a city located in the panhandle...

Anybody remember this? Slightly embarrassing, but slightly funny too.

VickEm.jpg

Lubbock or leave it...

mastbump

I live vicariously through myself.
pilot
weswelkerrunbackatkyle.jpg

I always enjoy when TTU beats A&M. Lately I have been able to enjoy it quite often.

And I already know Bevo has something to say about UT and Tech (hey, one out of the last 5 ain't bad).

If you haven't figured it out yet I don't have many good things to say about A&M. I had several friends from high schools around mine who went...and loved it. But I didn't really like them after they went. My roomate at Tech went to their freshman camp, and got up and walked out of daily sing session because "it was like a f****** cult". They do have a good band though, really sharp at the football games. But, last time I checked being in the band doesn't get you laid.

LivinMyDream

pilot
So I grew up in a city where half of my high school went to Texas and the other half went to A&M... I have many friends who went to both schools, though I personnaly went to UT. I loved my experience there, and enjoyed the ROTC program. I went to every football, basketball and baseball game that I could, drank my ass off, lived in an off campus apartment and had sex whenever I felt like it. And I graduated and became an officer in the Navy.

I did not get the shit kicked out of me, have a terrible hair cut, get yelled at (or do the yelling), watch shitty sports teams, or grab my nuts in the infamous nut-grabbing incident on ABC. Nor did I live in a city that sucks. I instead partied on 6th and 4th streets--and I loved every minute of it.

Both schools are good: one is just in a better city, with better sports teams, better bars, and less Corps bullshit. You're going to be living a life where the Navy will control you from the point at which you are commissioned: don't let them control your four years of freedom while in college!

Hook 'Em Horns!

Squall

Go Navy, Go Big Red
Go to Nebraska.

Nah, seriously. You need to make your own choice here. If you rely on people to make decisions for you on your college, keep in mind that (assuming all goes well in ROTC/College,) you will be making decisions that may kill or save a human or two or three hundred. Opinion wise, I have only gone to UT and A&M on pep-band trips, but both have wonderful campuses, and some of the most respectful fans in the Big 12. All goes well, I would like to go take my Grad School (post Navy) at A&M, but that's just because I would get SO sick of seeing Creamsicle colored shirts all around me.

Also, I would be in the band, and there is no way I want to dress up like the cowboy in the village people. People already give me crap about going "in the Navy" without that little bit of encouragement.