• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Why it's good to be in Naval Aviation

Lawman

None
romey77 said:
Taking our Hornets across the big pond to Okinawa, all while gasing up from an Air Force KC-135, driven by a cute USAF female Captain. Came back with Marine jets along the same route. Stopped in Hawaii, Wake Island on the way there and back.

Getting throttled on Wake (one of the best places on Earth, but inaccessible to most) just to fly out early next morning.

Spending memorable nights in HI with the cute USAF Captain ;)

Best part: everything was paid for and then some. I love my job!

If your talking about a 5'6" Brunette that was based out of Atsugi I think we might know some of the same people :D

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
bunk22 said:
I believe FMRAM is speaking from the maintainer side of the house. He might not be an aviator or officer but he has seen it from his position as an enlisted sailor. He has room to speak, IMO.
I too agree, he has room to speak, just not on what's it's like to be an aviator or an officer....yet. How many times have we had to slap someone's pee-pee because they were talking out there @ss about how they just knew what it was like to be an officer because they were an LPO for 10 guys. Same concept applies here. [/rant-threadjack]

Jay610

King of the Wicker People
Lawman said:
If your talking about a 5'6" Brunette that was based out of Atsugi I think we might know some of the same people :D

Oh no!! :eek: I hate it when that happens!

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
I too agree, he has room to speak, just not on what's it's like to be an aviator or an officer....yet. How many times have we had to slap someone's pee-pee because they were talking out there @ss about how they just knew what it was like to be an officer because they were an LPO for 10 guys. Same concept applies here. [/rant-threadjack]

While it's true that I have no experience as an officer (which I never claimed to have any in the first place). I belive that I have a little bit of experience as an enlisted maintainer. I have spent alot of time with pilots and nfos on det and I came to the simple conclusion that I would rather fly the jets than fix them. Call me crazy...

Ill enlighten you with any firsthand experience I gain once I have my wings...

O and here is a dumb question...what would you rather be, an underappreciated enlisted maintainer or an officer/pilot?

Why don't you start your own thread about how swo sh!t is important too...

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I'll keep what's here, for now, as I understand FMRAM's point, but otherwise, back on topic or I'll go delete crazy. FMRAM, I'm sorry you've felt underappreciated. I was always really proud of what my guys on DET accomplished, but I'm sure no matter how much I may have said it, I'm sure they still felt underappreciated. Lots of work can do that.

FMRAM

I have fond memories of my squadron's 3 week training in Guam...they put the whole crew up at the Hilton...24 on 24 off rotation. Goooood times.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Why its good to be in Naval Aviation... well, it just keeps gettin' better for me...

Starting the take off roll on my first flight in the T-6 and thinking "Yeah.. the next 90 minutes of my life are going to be more than worth the countless hours of studying I've been doing". Then 80 minutes later coming screaming into the pattern at 275 kts for the break (ended up being a lame break b/c of traffic) and coming to the realization that while I'm having fun doing my job, my best friend from high school is standing around in a furniture store getting yelled at by his boss...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
TheBubba said:
Then 80 minutes later coming screaming into the pattern at 275 kts for the break (ended up being a lame break b/c of traffic)
What, were there P-3s in the pattern? :D

Brett

KBayDog

TheBubba said:
Nah... it was another T-6 on a straight-in approach

That's it, buddy - you want to get impatient over a T-6 approach? You'd best start whistling, son...

0002ROSE-2patience.jpg

I'm going to make it a point to head on down to Sherman for a GCA in my TH-57 each and every time you come in for your precious "break."

Can you handle my 90KIAS? Well? CAN YA? :D

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
KBayDog said:
That's it, buddy - you want to get impatient over a T-6 approach? You'd best start whistling, son...

0002ROSE-2patience.jpg

I'm going to make it a point to head on down to Sherman for a GCA in my TH-57 each and every time you come in for your precious "break."

Can you handle my 90KIAS? Well? CAN YA? :D

Dude... could you please wait till I've had at least a semi-cool break... :eek:

FMRAM

Has anyone mentioned Nellis and Red Flag? Some of the best times I've had...

Long live per diem